Route Suggestion From Surat to Hamirpur (HP)

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by tps11, Feb 12, 2013.

1. tps11

tps11 Novizio

Dehradun
    Dear Friends,

A close friend of my father wants to drive from Surat to Hamirpur (HP). As per Google maps the route is from Surat to Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Rewari, Kaithal, Patiala and Hamirpur. I would like to know fellow members about the road conditions in Haryana portion. In other areas I believe Roads are in good condition. Any alternative Route suggestion is also welcome. Criteria is Roads should be in good condition.

Regards
    Tushar
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Tushar, very few members from these areas.
    Hope somebody provides some info here.
  3. mayank

mayank Amatore

well i haven't travelled much in haryana areas but since i belong from chandigarh so i would've preferred (from kaithal onwards) Ambala->Chandigarh->ropar(roopnagar, PB)->Kiratpur sahib->Swarghat(HP)->bilaspur->hamirpur...!!

Alternatively you can even go through this route(from kiratpur sahib onwards)
    Nangal dam->una->Hamirpur

I travelled to chintpurni last year in october through una route and road conditons till Una are absolute fine..but after that there is road construction going on..which still i believe have improved a lot as compared to 2011..and there are some 10-12 small portions(not much headache IMO) of road in between which have been dugged out...so i believe that swarghat route might be appropriate
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    tps11, the road from Kaithal to Patiala is ok. Its smooth but that road isn't too wide so not suitable for high speed driving. Restrict to 70 or 80kmph IMHO.

the road from Kaithal to Ambala isn't that great as its virtually a single lane road and with no divider, the traffic from opposite end frequently enters your lane for over taking. The same hold true for Patiala to Chandigarh.

I have traveled about 25000km between Chandigarh and various places in Haryana. Share a more detailed route here. Hope I will be able to guide better. Especially from the point you enter Haryana. List all the cities that are supposed to be traveled through.
  5. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    Hey Tushar bro,

your uncle need not to touch this kaithal and rewari route in my opinion.I have traveled to this part of Himachal plenty a times.Route advice able would be Hamirpur--Una--Ropar--Ambala--Panipat--Delhi-Gurgaon-Jaipur--Ajmer--Udaipur--Vadodra--Surat.

Your uncle can avoid driving to jaipur from Delhi in the night hours,reason being huge traffic clog by behemoth trucks & lorries.I remember last year i drove down to ajmer with my family and we were trapped inside the car for 3-4 hours and no movements at all.

Drive from Jaipur to Ajmer is super delight.Roads are pretty good.
    1 person likes this.
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Your friend can consider this route, if he wants to avoid Jaipur/New Delhi: Surat>Ahmedabad bypass>Palanpur bypass>Jodhpur>Nagaur>Hisar>Ambala>Rupnagar>Bilaspur>Hamirpur. The condition of the road near Bilaspur, HP, is bad. Except the stretch from Nagaur to Ambala, I have driven on the rest of the stretch, which is generally good. Ahmedabad to Palanpur is an excellent 4-lane toll SH.
  7. tps11

tps11 Novizio

Dehradun
    Thanks for the info brothers...

I am interested in knowing the route conditions from Rewari to Chandigarh as If I want to byepass Delhi/ Gurgaon I will have to enter Haryana and first town after Jaipur will be Rewari.

Bros one more thing, the road from Chandigarh to Hamirpur is best via Una. New Road, two lane wide and great drive. I am from Hamirpur. Bilaspur Route will be crowded due to two cement factories of ACC and Ambuja at Barmana and Darlaghat.

So now the details are required fro Haryana portion of Roads specifically Rewari to Chandigarh/Patiala.

Thanks to Paddleshifter for being caring enough to suggest safe speeds.

Thanks to Varoon for telling bottleneck of Jaipur Road

J. Ravi Sir Thanks for info about other roads. (I believed that you will definitely give me response)

Once again Thanks to all fellow for sharing whatever info they had.

Regards
    Tushar
    1 person likes this.