1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Route Query: Ramanagaram-Magadi-Nelamangala-Chickballapur

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by puntojith, Oct 12, 2012.

1. puntojith

puntojith

Hyderabad
    Hi TFIians,
    I will driving from calicut to Hyderabad via mysore and bangalore this week. I was looking at my options to bypass bangalore city. Thats when I saw this route that takes a left turn from Ramanagaram and goes to magadi. This road then joins NH48 and goes all the way to chickballapur. Has anyone tried this route? Would like to hear your comments on the quality of the road and general traffic condition along this way. Thanks.

Regards
    Puntojith
  2. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    Puntojith..do not do ramnagaram -> magadi & all those things...u'll end up screwing urself :)

Take a left at Nice road just before B'lore..drive all the way to NH48 (tumkur road )...then drive straight and take left at Taj hotel (goraguntepalya Outer ring road)...and drive to Hebbal...take left to Hyderabad highway...

except for a rail signal bewteen Goraguntepalya & Hebbal...rest of the road is a breeze ..simply do it...

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

Puntojith..do not do ramnagaram -> magadi & all those things...u'll end up screwing urself :)

Take a left at Nice road just before B'lore..drive all the way to NH48 (tumkur road )...then drive straight and take left at Taj hotel (goraguntepalya Outer ring road)...and drive to Hebbal...take left to Hyderabad highway...

except for a rail signal bewteen Goraguntepalya & Hebbal...rest of the road is a breeze ..simply do it...
  3. addy

addy Amatore

Bangalore
    Puntojith, Ramanagar-Magadi-NH48 is in very good condition, but after you leave NH 48, the road condition is suspect. You will not find any signboards too and if you do find them, it will most likely be in Kannada. To reach the Hyderabad highway, it will be better to take the suggestion given by puntosat.
  4. puntojith

puntojith

Hyderabad
    Thanks puntosat and addy. I did consider that route you mentioned, puntosat. My only worry is my previous experience that way when the AP team was stuck at that railway gate. I believe there is some flyover work in progress worsening the situation. Of course that was in friday evening peak traffic. I expect myself to be there sometime in the afternoon between 12 and 2 PM. 90% I will be taking this route you suggested.

-puntojith
  5. puntojith

puntojith

Hyderabad
    Hi guys, sorry for the late update.

Did the route that very weekend. Started from Calicut at 7AM. The route is pretty straightforward from calicut till bangalore via kalpetta-> sulthan bathery-> gundulpet-> Mysore-> bangalore. As suggested by puntosat, I decided to go ahead with the route through bangalore. Surprisingly the railway crossing where we were stuck the last time was all empty! I was all elated and almost couldnt recognize the place!! I thanked god.

By the time I reached jakkur it was 7:30 in the evening. I was hesitating to proceed with the night journey but my wife gave me the courage and we decided to move on(she has been very courageous with night journeys after I did a sholapur-hyderabad driving till 3 AM!). Filled up diesel and got refreshed at a filling station outside jakkur and proceeded. And guess... what I liked it. It was such a pleasant drive. I am not a fast driver. But I could consistently maintain 100-120 for much of the trip because there werent any slow vehicles on the road. Moreover, the truck drivers where very courteous and were very eager to give way. And the road was just perfect all throughout. The signals and signboards inspired great confidence. I did the journey in 7 hours including a 30 minute stop for dinner.

The most tiring leg of the journey was from calicut till muthanga because of the two lane road. We got stuck at the muthanga check post for almost an hour because some dumb (or enraged?) truck driver left his vehicle on the road and god knows where he went!

Mapmyindia helped me cross mysore.

Thank you puntosat and addy for your suggestions.

-puntojith