1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Route Query: Kutrallam to Athirampally falls

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by cliffhanger, Jun 20, 2015.

1. cliffhanger

cliffhanger Amatore

madras
    Guys

I'm leaving to Kutrallam in some time. Post Kutrallam I intend to visit Athirampally falls and then Valparai.

Please suggest a scenic route with good roads from Kutrallam to Athirampally falls.

Kutrallam - Shenkottai - Thenmala - ?

TIA
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Route 1 (Better roads) : Thenmala->Punalur->Adoor->Changanassery->Alleppy->NH47 till Chalakudy->Athirappally->Valpara (A bad stretch of about 15km (including a slight deviation) between Chengannur to Changanassery for road works, otherwise better roads. But, you can expect frustrating traffic in NH47 from Alleppey till Kalamassery).

Route 2 (Winding roads) : Thenmala->Punalur->Pathanamthitta->Konni->Ranny->Pala->Koothattukulam->Muvattupuzha->Kalady->Silverstorm and then ->Athirappally->Valpara
    Last time I travelled (Oct 2014, there were some road works going on after Konni area, hope it is fine now. Not much traffic, a Fiat would love this road.

Route 1a : Take deviation to right after Angamaly towards Mookkannur and join the Route 1 near Silverstorm theme park. I have not taken this route. I guess, it is through small roads.
    cliffhanger likes this.
  3. cliffhanger

cliffhanger Amatore

madras
    Took the second route.

Route 2 (Winding roads) : Thenmala->Punalur->Pathanamthitta->Konni->Ranny->Pala->Koothattukulam->Muvattupuzha->Kalady->Silverstorm and then ->Athirappally->Valpara

There were broken roads for few km in Pala and in between Chalakudy and Athirapally, other than that the roads were good throughout.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Why not write a travelogue @cliffhanger ?
    Even if you don't have much photographs to share, sharing your drive experience will not be boring for us. :)
  5. cliffhanger

cliffhanger Amatore

madras
    Unfortunately all the pics I clicked during the trip were all personal clicks, since in the recent past I had been to these places and since the trip was more for mom to see the places, I didn't think of clicking anything much, other than the personal ones, I didn't even click a pic of my car.

Coming to the driving experience - From the past few years I've been addicted to sedate driving, so it's been a very long time since I put the car through its paces. I hardly put a hard step on the gas pedal these days. It's like getting on a horse to go for a stroll. It's like cruise, cruise, and more cruise. In state highways, I manage just about not to lug the engine.

Having driven the Punto for around 1.2 Lakh km, I 've come to realize that I may never be able to drive such a car again, have decided to hold on to it as long as possible, provided I stay in India and favorable service condition remains.
    ramjn likes this.
  6. cliffhanger

cliffhanger Amatore

madras