1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Route advice Bangalore - Dandeli - Goa

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by feby_thomas, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Hi All,
    As any one recently done a trip from Bangalore to Dandeli or Dandeli to Goa? The initial search shows the route to be blr to hubli to dharwad and then to dandeli. Any feedback about this route and also from Dandeli to Goa what could be the best route.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The route from Bangalore to Hubli is straight forward, all on NH4. Excellent road to drive on.
    No idea after that, but would like to know your experience.
  3. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have done Pune-Belgaum-Dandeli

All I can tell you is the roads in and around Dandeli are good. As Ravi has already pointed out : NH4 is in excellent shape.
  4. aditya

aditya Timido

Pune
    I did Pune - Dandeli - Karwar - Goa - Pune trip last year (Apr 2009). There was about 25KM of of extreme bad road section on the route from Dandeli to Karwar via Anshi, but otherwise the route was good.
  5. Dear All,
    We had a really nice trip, was on road around 3:45 am on 4th nov from bangalore as we wanted be at JLR, Kali adventure camp before lunch :). Anyways the route taken was:

Bangalore - Tumkur - Devengere - Hubli - Dharwad on NH4. This stretch was really awesome with only about 10 km of intermittent road work happening around Devangere, was able to reach Hubli by 9:15 am with awesome avg speed.
    [attachment=9:24o0pr0p]DSCN9439.JPG[/attachment:24o0pr0p]
    Just before reaching Dharwad there is a turn to go towards Haliyal and then we go to Dandeli. The Dharwad to Dandeli stretch was ok roads with only small portions with potholes, but the road being narrow took us about 2 hours.

We were at JLR Kali Adventure camp by 11:15 am.. went on to take a quick nap as well and then a nice spread for the lunch at JLR satisfied us ::D
    [attachment=7:24o0pr0p]DSCN9476.JPG[/attachment:24o0pr0p]
    We went for a jungle safari later in the evening and White water rafting the next day morning. Although rafting was the big attraction, the route here in Kali river is more technical and for beginners only with 1 level 2 rapid and couple of level 1s.

We started of around 1:30 pm from Dandeli and took the Dandeli - Ganeshgudi - Ramnagar - Goa NH4A route. The route is extremely picturesque with the Supa Dam Reservoir on the way.

We spent a good three days relaxing in goa and then started back on 8 Nov morning around 9 am.

The return route was Goa - Karwar - Hubli - Tumkur - Bangalore.

The return trip was longer and the Goa - karwar stretch had lot of traffic. But after that it was smooth ride with couple of Kamat stops.. Reached back in bangalore around 9:00 pm...

Check out pics attached.

DSCN9439.JPG

DSCN9459.JPG

View attachment DSCN9476.JPG

View attachment DSCN9551.JPG

DSCN9584.JPG

DSCN9613.JPG

View attachment DSCN9622.JPG

DSCN9634.JPG

DSCN9663.JPG

DSCN9682.JPG
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Wow, nice pictures of your long travel.
  7. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    great pics! i also went goa on 23rd october and came back on 30th october.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Last year I got trapped near Ankola due to flood and the only option I had was the Ramnagar -Dandeli-Goa route. Karwar route was completely blocked due to landslide. I avoided the Dandeli route because of very bad road condition and very unsafe to travel at night. I advice Karwar route. Tumkur-Shimoga -Honnavar-Karwar -goa route is also good.Thanks for the last picture. Electric blue in white background looks terrific.