1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Round trip of 4600 kms

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by shams, Dec 13, 2011.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I have two queries, shams:

1. Your return journey was on NH 5/4 via Bhubaneshwar/Visakhapatnam/Chennai. Out of the two routes, which was the better one?

2. I heard that some dreaded entry tax was being collected at Odisha check post from the owners of non-Odisha registered private vehicles while entering Odisha. Did you encounter any such tax collection in Odisha?

I am eagerly waiting for the completion of your travelogue containing the details of your return journey.:)
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    whats your destination in this trip that you are planning?
    2 people like this.
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, shams, for the details.
    Now, I want to drive my Linea outside India.:)
    3 people like this.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Can I make a guess Ravi Ji? Are you heading to Bhutan?
    1 person likes this.
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    that would be such a nice feeling! infact the nearest town in nepal was only 138 kms from Siwan, where i went..
    1 person likes this.
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Your guess is correct, Ramesh.:)
    Nepal will have to wait for some more time for dating my Linea! Sorry shams for hijacking your thread.
    1 person likes this.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Its my pleasure J Ravi sir to have you hijack my thread :)
    1 person likes this.
  8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

O my my..:mischievous!! That NH-7 looks like some pathway to Heaven. Too bad & unlucky, we don't have such a stretch like that here. You have to go at least 300 KMs either side of Delhi to experience something like that. May be Noida Expressway but still no where close to it. There is lot of traffic on it too.
    I have hardly driven my 90 HP other than some local state-highways. There is too much of regular traffic & you see everything but powerful speedy cars. A speed breaker is always in vision:A, don't know why people are so much obsessed with this thing in Haryana??Lucky you, all i can say!
    I think easily best stretch i have seen till date anywhere in India. Earlier favorite was Mumbai Pune expressway. You give such a road to me, will be back with all the hidden secrets of Punto/Linea's unfolded with in an Hr.:helmet.
    Had gone through pics only & will read the detailed travelogue tomorrow. Nice post, Keep rocking!
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    NH-7 and NH-4 are one of the best things that have happened to motoring enthusiasts..
    Thankfully we bangaloreans are at least happy we have something to cheer, very close by.

Shams, This is a wonderful travel report.. Loved reading every line ....
    AMAZING :)
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Sat-Chit-ananda, theblack and everyone else who has read, thanks for taking time out and reading my travelogue :). those comments mean a lot to me.

I would be completing it soon. not finding enough time to sit down and write. have even started forgetting things now!! :)
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012