1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Round trip of 4600 kms

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by shams, Dec 13, 2011.

1. It must have been a relaxed drive on NH7. awaiting your complete travelogue.
  2. Sambikap

Sambikap Amatore

NH7 is awesome dude! Awaiting further write-up and pics! Intresting one....!
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    NH7 was definitely awesome till now but surprises were there in store ahead.. will continue shortly
  4. Shams ... Now you are behaving like a suspense story writer in a weekly magazine .. Update fast Mate .. What was in store ???

Ajit
  5. niranjan_81

niranjan_81

Pune
    wow....4600 KM drive is great shams. Let all the travelogue come out.
  6. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    no doubt J Ravi sir has inspired so many young drivers across india.......

congrats on the trip shams
    1 person likes this.
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    My Linea's spare gets inflated to 42 psi to avoid frequent checking.:)
    1 person likes this.
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks niranjan and jay for your kind compliments!

Thats a nice piece of information. Would soon get the spare tyre inflated to 42 psi!
    Thanks J Ravi sir!

Continued from post #10...

Kept driving non-stop listening to all kinds of hindi music. Music was my second companion in this journey (punto being the first one ofcourse).

There was some portion of NH7 (Roughly 70-80 kms) which was incomplete between Hyderabad and Adilabad though it was not too bad to drive on.

Adilabad lies roughly between Hyderabad and Nagpur and its primarily a forest area. Four lane NH7 in this part was really beautiful surrounded by greenery on both sides and the road twisting and turning and making its way to the city of oranges Nagpur. After Adilabad, till Nagpur the road was under construction at some places not for long distances though. Apologies for not taking pictures since i was worried about reaching on time.

Before Nagpur, there is another town called Hinganghat. This is approximately 75 kms before Nagpur. This was also very scenic and picturesque with the road winding like a snake owing to the greenery of the place.

I entered Nagpur city around 9 pm. Did not take the bypass since I wanted to halt for the night in Nagpur. Thought of having dinner at Haldirams but could not find it at the spot where my mapmyindia navigator said 'destination reached'. Didn't bother to stop and ask since i knew that it shouldn't be a problem to find another nice eatery.

I decided to exit the city and find some dhaba kind of place on its outskirts. entered into a petrol bunk just outside the city, re-fuelled over there and bought some stuff to eat keeping in mind next days journey from the store inside the bunk. Also enquired if there was some good dhaba nearby. Was told that in another 100 mtrs there is another HP petrol bunk (This one was BP) adjacent to which there is a nice dhaba.

Drove there. This place was called Panditain dhaba (Panditain means female pandit in hindi). It was a really nice place with open air seating. Food was yummy too. while waiting for the food to arrive I took out netbook and datacard to quickly check on the route ahead. After finishing the dinner i enquired if i could find a hotel/lodge to spend the night somewhere nearby. Came to know that i would have to go back to Nagpur city to find a hotel. No ways I was going back since the city would be some 10 kms back. It looked like unnecessary waste of time.

Another option was to find a hotel in a small town called Kamptee, some 8-10 kms ahead. Decided to try out this one. Drove to kamptee to find that it was a really small town with its market like area lying on either side of the road in a small stretch of 100 mts max. Was driving very slowly looking for any hotel that comes by. Stopped outside one hotel which looked like its was the best in this town, came out of the car to enquire. someone told hotel is on the first floor. started climbing the stairs to the first floor. They were so dirty and in such bad shape, i felt its better to turn back. left from there! Within another 50 mtrs the town was over and it was just the two lane highway! A thought crossed my mind to drive to jabalpur in the night but my body didnt agree to it! was feeling really tired now. Drove for another 10-15 kms to find a large petrol bunk. Entered it to ask if I could find any hotel nearby. Reply was negative.

J Ravi sir had suggested me to find a safe parking place and sleep in the car instead of staying in a hotel. Initially I was a bit sceptic about this option but at this point of time I had no other choice.

Asked the senior looking guy at the bunk if I could park my car there and spend the night. He told no problems, showed me the place where to park and asked me what time you want to get up, we 'll wake you up he said. he also asked from where are you coming and where are you headed to just out of curiosity. Had a small 2 minute chat with him before lying on the fully reclined drivers seat. I was carrying a comforter (dohar) to use while sleeping just in case its required. Within minutes I was into the world of dreams!

This was the end of day one. Had driven little over 1100 kms to reach here.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2012
    7 people like this.
  9. Wonderful. You remind me of my stay patterns on the highway.. Waiting for the next installments. Keep em coming ..
  10. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    nice write up shams.... kee it comin..