1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rough surface area in the paint of tuscan wine punto after service

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by drgopusankar, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Hello,

after my first service of punto mjd tuscan wine, i noted a rough surface of almost 10 cms on the area above the left wheel arch adjoining the part mear the bonnet. You can only feel this. With naked eyes you can't make it out. They told me that they have polished the car. Can it be the cause? I mean some loss of clear coat?please help
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    if they have used a rubbing compound or similar downmarket polish then there are chances that the clear coat has become rough in that area. but why would they polish your car without asking you.
  3. Hello italia linea,

my car had a scratch on the back side at the time of delivery itself. It was arainy day and i failed to take notice of it.also at the rear quarter panel there were 7 to 8 small bubbles which tass identified as paint defect. Any way i complained to fiat and the tass agreed to repaint the area under warranty. So while polishing the back side, may be they had made a whole car polishing.
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    try using a good carnauba car polish on that part. rub with smooth microfiber cloth or cotton waste. check if it makes difference.
  5. Thank you very much. I will check it out and will update .
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2011