1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rough idling issue during cold starts after EGR valve replacement

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Rituraj, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Sounds terrible, can you do one thing, just remove the egr connector before starting the car. The connector is easy to remove.It's on the right hand side on the engine. Remove the connector lock and press and pull the connector. This will disable the egr. Let's see if the car starts normally.

When you got the egr changed dint you take back the car to them for this issue
    1 person likes this.
  2. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Yes, I had taken the car to the TASS about 5-6 times after the EGR replacement. They couldn't figure out the problem. Also by the time, I reach TASS, the issue vanishes as it is a few kms away from my place and by then, the engine warms up.

The flashing clock isn't an issue. The TASS guys had forgotten to adjust the clock after a battery disconnection. It doesn't flash anymore. The video is a few months old though.

As you and Italia have suggested, I will try requesting the TASS manager to get his mechanics check my car. However, a similar request was turned down sometime back due to the non-availability of the engine scanner/examiner, which Fiat had taken back after their split.

I will try doing what you have suggested. Yes I did take it back to them after the EGR change. Please refer to the answer to Gurjinder's query above.
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
    1 person likes this.