1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rough day for Mr.Linea

Discussion in 'Technical' started by fernandeskaran, Feb 16, 2013.

1. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
    My family has a Linea MJD Emotion pack. It has done 42400 Kms and its about 3.5 years old. We all really love the car ;)
    Now the horror :evil: When the car was a year old the clutch failed once (Due to some Manufacturing defect reported in many lineas and puntos) it was towed to FASS replaced under warranty. Then the car developed a new problem (@ 30k Kms) engaging it into reverse would make a horrible GRRRRRR.. sound at the time of the second service the SA said that Bleeding would solve it.. But it didnt! we let go. Now since yesterday the car refused to get into any gear, it became really very hard. so this morning Dad and me took it to Fortune Motors Sakinaka which is close to our place.. the SA sat in the car and tried out the gears.. he then said that the entire clutch assembly will have to be replaced it included the Clutch Plate, Pressure Plate and some bearing (dont remember the name) the approximated cost was Rs.11600 he said that the life of the clutch in lineas and puntos is only 25-30k kms :eek: our indica clutch never gave problems for the 80k kms it was with us. He also mentioned that the part was not in stock and the earliest he would be able to give the car is on Tuesday (that is about 4 days). since i got my exams coming up and as we need the car.. we took the decision to go to the main Tata Repair shop which is in Worli. after an agonizing 45 min drive (Only 2nd & 3rd Gears were working after literally fighting with the gear rod) we reached.The Car has always been serviced here and and most SAs knew dad here. They had the same diagnosis, but the cost here was only Rs. 9600 and they had it in stock. As the had too many vehicles the agreed to give the car on Monday. while exiting the service centre we happened to see one of the guys getting into our car to move it, That idiotic guy cranked the car when it was in gear and the battery which was pretty weak just Died(its confirmed DEAD) :mad: So now we have to buy a new battery too. Im thinking Amaron Pro DIN 60 is it a good choice?? or Exide Din 60?. Hopefully in a few days Mr. Linea will be back, Fit and running :D
  2. Really sorry to hear about the problems your car had..

The CMS assembly was plastic type in 2009 models,which was faulty and was replaced under warranty to metal ones or when cars just broke down.(I had the same problem in my punto)

Clutch plate,pressure plate going kaput early(read 30k kms)is really not true.They should last atleast 60k+ kms.

Go for amaron din55/60,it is a good battery...
  3. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    Avoid those Fortune Saki Naka folks. I have had below average experiences there and prefer to go to Worli despite the distance from the suburbs. And yes, the labour at Fortune is expensive compared to Worli.
  4. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
    I'm very happy with the worli service centre. Our SA Mr. Manish took special care care of our case considering my exams. He has just giving us delivery of the car and only one word! It is Butter.. Clutch and Gear both.. Let's hope it lasts now.. Really amazed that they could finish the whole job in a day Bravo FASS! :)

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk
  5. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

25-30K-lol
    In that case i would need a clutch every year.
    I have seen Linea's do 100K and more on stock clutch.
  6. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
    Unfortunately all of us are not lucky with regard to the life of the clutch while some are also blessed with good A S S ;)

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk
  7. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    thats really premature wear and tear. clutch and gears were always problematic in the new gen fiats. i have never felt my gear shifting smooth even the very first day of delivery.
  8. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
    Trust me I find it too smooth now! Its probably as smooth as the City's gearbox but not Notchy

Sent from my calculator ;) :D
  9. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    I had to replace clutch after 45K. It became too hard.
    Now at 51K clutch is not smooth again and engaging the gear is not smooth.
    I have Punto owners amopng my friends and they also say many Fiat Linea/Punto clutch has problems.
    I will be happy if that is not the case, however I am definitely not among the lucky ones.