1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Roof Rail for Punto.

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by nitinkumardba, May 23, 2011.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Those are roof bars for carrying luggage. :) They aren't the roof rails that DBA paaji are talking about.
  2. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Actually these are Rails only and are modified depending on what u intent to carry [eg. bikes , skis , row-boats etc.] ...

Even on SUVs the Luggage racks are usually bolted on the roof rails [seen for sure on Fortuner] !!!

One can even try Sparks roof rails . It might fit . It would be very difficult to get Roof Rails specific for Punto .
    They cost somewhere betweeen Rs.700-1500/- only .
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes, I got you but see the point is that those Fiat roof bars are to be fixed into the space provided in Punto/Linea for attaching the luggage carrier. So here they have a specific purpose.

I think the roof rails of Spark, Beat, i20, WagonR are primarily for cosmetic purposes.
  4. aniketbhise

aniketbhise Timido

Grande Punto 1.3
    @ Dilip .. have you installed the roof bars for punto ... and what is the cost of the same ... are they available in india ? need one to fix the carrier to carry extra luggage
  5. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

neither do i prefer roof rail for punto and totally agree with Tron.
  6. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Pardon me for being off-topic, is it possible to remove roof rails and have a smooth plane finish on the roof, without anything being left behind like a tree stump.

I want to get it off from my Spark (its just too silly and reminds me of old Amby taxis) only if it can be removed cleanly. Pointers will be very helpful.

Mods: Please delete this post if deemed necessary.
  7. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

i would really like to get rid of my rubber side beading on the roof.. it looks cheap and uneven
  8. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Came across this.. pic when i was searching for hid projector retro fit..
    but if u can notice the roof rail on the punto.. roof rail.jpg roof rail2.jpg
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

oh man.. it looks awesome..
    For some reason i have a feeling that the front is looking different from our puntos..
    The head lamps look a little more angular and the front bumper section seems to be rounded off a bit more than our cars... it feels more so in the 1st picture..
    Is it just my eyes or is anyone else also seeing the same?
  10. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

I think the front bumper is re-done. Look the missing fog lamps and holders. There is only one fog lamp and quite near to the bottom grill. Its an aftet market bumper for sure.