1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Roof Racks/rooftop cargo fitting in Punto

Discussion in 'Modifications & Tuning' started by gauravgotfiat, Jan 12, 2015.

1. gauravgotfiat

gauravgotfiat Timido

pune
    pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    hi Fellas..

I own an Grande Punto MJD and looking for advice on fitting rooftop cargo carrier.
    1) Am concerned about the side effects on car body and performance over long period??
    2) How advisable is it to go on long journeys, around 100KMs, with cargo load of 20-30Kg's??

Please advise on above, as i don't want to hurt my dearie in anyway :)

Cheers..
    G
  2. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No Gaurav, please don't go with that, it just spoils the look of the car.

not it wouldn't but long term the brackets gets rusted and pait gets affected and also if the guy who's fitting gets careless he will not just put up big/deep scratches but also might add dents.

Also noticed i you are adding another set of steel on top, you will add more heat on top of the head and car will be Hot.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @gauravgotfiat

I second @Anup but still feel free to, since utility and function must always must precede form. But in the Grande Punto's case: the case for utility must be really strong and compelling!;)

Or: you could get an Avventura, instead!:p:cool:
    asimpleson likes this.
  4. gauravgotfiat

gauravgotfiat Timido

pune
    pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Anup, Prabhjot for the response.
    Beside spoiled looks and denting-painting issues, am more concerned about the side effects on body structure.
    Inception of this idea is also driven by genuine FIAT stores available for this i.e. if company is giving such option then what all can be reason ppl avoiding them.
  5. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    instead of metal roof carrier like found in old ambassodors , you can go for thule roof rack like this. Its available in various sizes and is pretty easy to fix & remove. You can get in in many major cities, atleast in kerala, i saw a few cars with those. When you are on a trip, you can put this box and after that, you can remove it, its made aerodynamically as well. After removing box, you can place wind deflector like this, which helps aerodynamically as well as damn good looking.

1532103_1450222241863415_1939122637_n.jpg

15.jpg