1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Romance with (TJET+) - Italian Beauty

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by anand_27, Nov 13, 2010.

1. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    if you are not sure about the pen thing you use 3M rubbing compound. its a small tall bottle which costs somewhere around 100. use it as per instructions on it. take some paste on the cloth and rub it vigourously on the scratch and the scratch will disapear. finish it with a coat af normal wax u use.
  2. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi
    if you are not sure about the pen thing you use 3M rubbing compound. its a small tall bottle which costs somewhere around 100. use it as per instructions on it. take some paste on the cloth and rub it vigourously on the scratch and the scratch will disapear. finish it with a coat af normal wax u use.[/quote:1kr76kcf]

Well, I am totally against rubbing compunds. What you are doing is you are just rubbing off the paint surrounding the scratch. The scratch only goes off as you have depleted the depth of the paint around it.

I would anytime prefer a scratch filler over the rubbing compund.

I was infact so upset when i came to know the first step during 3m paint process was to slightly buff the car with rubbing compound. They say it is very light and helps to clean the impurities. Had i known before i would have never allowed that on the new car which can be cleaned off by just a good wash.
  3. Thanks Vahan!
  4. 3M paint protection is already applied with 2 services free. One is due in 5th month. Hope that would help to sort this problem. On dark color these scratches look too bad :sad1
  5. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Take care of the Italian Beauty Anand, do park in a place where the childrens are not playing or keep the car covered if not using on a daily bases, Any damage or scratches made on car is like getting hurt to ourselves
  6. True Tony! It hurts very much. In fact my wife is started feeling that I am more possessive about Linea :)
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Yes Anand ur right there, even my parents and wife say abt the same thing, you may say during my 2 months stay in india i am almost with my car, The front monogram was stolen in 2 hours after the delivery. :car
  8. Guys, While reading other T-JET owners review, I noticed that FE is more than 12+ but for me it is consistently around 10 KMPL. I do understand that this is widely dependant up on the driving style but I mostly drive on highways. Even for office drive it is in Navi Mumbai (Mahape) and is a highway. No bumper to bumper traffic. Not sure what do I need to do for this. Please advice.
  9. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Hey anand, could you put a brief light on ur driving style, the speed ur driving, upshifting, downshifting, Use of A/C etc. Then we can certainly make a informed comment about it.
  10. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi

Hey Anand....you must have read my post when i said the FE to be 12...but that was with Speed97. After another tank full of normal petrol....im back to 10.x - 11. This is obv without AC in Delhi winters. Its a bit upsetting...but i am assuming its only gonna get better after first service(as commented by fellow members). But then if you come to think of it....they do not even change the oil in 1st sevice...so what exactly they would do that will improve the FE???