1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Romance with (TJET+) - Italian Beauty

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by anand_27, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Thanks skullman! I agree! It is a fun to drive this beauty!
  2. neoonwheels

neoonwheels Amatore

Congrats bro on the car. Seems its raining TJets on the forum :)
  3. Thanks neoonwheels!
  4. Guys, Which air do you fill in. Is nitrogen air of any use?
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
  6. Thanks Ravi!
  7. Sorry to be late to post the feedback of my home town visit. Joined office and got lost into quick work hence the delay.

So far drove around 2400 KM’s and my feedback is as follow –

We four (Myself, my wife, and two little angles of 7 and 2 years) started the journey with boot loaded with almost full of luggage. I found that boot space is better in Linea than Indigo. I was to stay at Pune for treatment while going and coming from the native place. As my daughter was sitting at front, I disabled the front passenger air bag. Not sure if this feature is there on Vento/Honda City. Owners, please confirm.

Mumbai to/from Pune – Through express way. Awesome drive! Best experience so far among the cars I drove on this road. I drove, Indigo, Swift, Accent. Engine response was top notch! Pick up and power was excellent! Very comfortable drive and felt almost static. Thanks to the suspension! While everything was good FE indicator showing 8-9 KMPL was a big concern. I thought there is seriously something wrong with the indicator as it can be so bad! While returning back steering was not rock solid at the speed of around 90-100. Issue with wheel balancing and alignment. Fixed it few days back on return.

Pune-Pandharpur-Native place – Took Pune-Banglore highway till “Shirwal” where the drive was smoother than express way. I could notice my speed exceeding 100 when the Car max speed indicator used to beep. I had set this as I was advised by the service advisor not to cross 100-110 till first few KM’s. From “Shirwal” I took connectivity road to “Lonand” and the pain started. Road was tooooooooooo bad! Lot of potholes and work of the road was in progress. By the time I reached “Lonand” Italian beauty turned into different color due to the dust it had to take. From “Lonand” took State Highway that goes to “Pandharpur”. Lot of gear shift was required here as this road was also full of potholes but is better than the connectivity road. I did not feel tired as engine was very responsive and gear shift was good. Though I felt that 2nd gear could have been better. FE was showing 10-11 KMPL. While returning back, it was dark and the road between Lonand and Shirwal was too bad to notice the potholes and work in progress. On top of that it was raining heavily (off season) which made the matter worse for me. I found that head light (dipper) was not enough for night drive at country side and hence used the upper mode. Actually I forgot the steps to change the direction of head light bulb. I had read in the manual which was in the laptop bag kept inside boot and I did not want to get out in the rain/mud.

At Native Place – Took the beauty to my farm and off road. Please see pics below. It did kiss the ground when I took it to the farm of Sunflower. Wanted to have some photography with the farm of Sugar cane but could not. I shall have this in Dec when I go to my native place for the marriage of my nephew.

Few Observations/Feedback -
    Looks - I said this time and again. People just love to stare at this beauty and make me more possessive about her ?
    Interiors/Comfort/Space – Good interiors. Initially I did not like it much in comparison to Honda City but feeling it better. Good amount of space. Very comfortable sitting at front passenger and rear. My family was very much comfortable all along the drive. At drive seat though, I felt that it should have the support for thighs. For long drives it could create issues. Seat adjustment is very (very) hard. My daughter could not press the handle it so I or my wife had to help her.
    Engine/Power/FE – Excellent power! Very responsive engine! I don’t know if there is something wrong with the FE indicator. I was showing 12 at Pune in City drive and 8-10 on highways!!! Very strange! I hope to improve this further after the first service.
    Very good ground clearance with 170 MM. Did not have much issues except for two cases (when it touched the land in the farm and one more time near one villages where speed breaker was too big in height)
    Not impressed with sound quality

View attachment Car_Farm6.jpg

View attachment Car_Home1.jpg

View attachment Car_Home3.jpg

View attachment Car_rear.jpg
  8. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Nice photos Anand !!
    Cant wait to get my T-Jet for a long drive.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Nice report Anand.

For FE, better to measure it once by tankful-to-tankful method and see how much difference is there with trip.
  10. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

My MJD'd twin sister Tuscan Wine TJet babe. Wow.