1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Romance with (TJET+) - Italian Beauty

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by anand_27, Nov 13, 2010.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Anand sir, do you wash your car daily?
    Because disc brakes are made up of cast iron which undergoes flash rusting after car wash. This is one reason you hear some noise while braking for the initial few minutes after which there is no noise as the superficial oxidation layer is removed by then and can se seen on the alloys as black powder/dust sort of thing.
  2. Thanks Yashik!

Yes car is washed daily in the morning. I was worried as I noticed this sound while going back to Home from office.
  3. SMM

SMM

Chennai
    I too was wondering about the black deposit on my alloy wheels. I was informed by a friend who owns a Punto that this happens in his car too and this is due to disc brakes. He recommends that this black deposit be washed off frequently (at least once a week). I wash the car once a week.

I do not have any noise during braking though and the brakes are simply great.
  4. I too is facing this issue of dust. Person who washes my car now cleans it almost every alternate days. But then not sure about the noise of the brakes. Anyways, It is not that louder so neglecting this for the time being.
  5. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    ANAND_27, when you start you car does the noise continues or its just there and vanishes after, if it vanishes then might be the cleaning issue, let the washer not clean the tyre with water, instruct him to just dust off in a mild cloth.
  6. @Tony, Latest observation is that it the noise continues.

All, Of late, when I apply brakes at the speed > 50 or so, I feel the vibration at steering. Is it common and can be ignored? Earlier I did not have this issue. Car has run around 5800+ KMS.
  7. Anand, i too get the squeaking noise when i apply brakes irrespective of the speed. This squeaking noise is there always.

Since you had mentioned that you too have this issue & if you happen to visit TASS for this reason, please update the thread on the root cause and solution.
  8. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Anand_27, do take your Linea to the TASS (Fortune)Nerul, might be a small issue better to fix it rather than making it a big, :car
    But take appointment prior to visit they will not entertain you if you dont have an appointment and that makes us feel ignored,but on the other hand its good way, had a small issue my LHS door was facing some locking problem, they did not hear to it, told to take an appointment and all will be rectified ::T ,
    alias i took appointment and the job was done in 15 minutes, but i have told the manager that if i come across the car attending job without the appointmet would not spare you, There was a BIG smile on the face of manager :mrgreen:
  9. Thanks Tony! You are correct! Better to fix an issue (if any) instead of waiting to let it big. Shall do that as the noise seem to be increasing.