1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rolled over by the Tjet juggernaut my new linea tjet 2014

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by Excelerate, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks Kailas. Yeah even I am more inclined towards the new Linea.
    Also wanted to know if there is an option to install aftermarket ice in the new Linea? Do we get the panel from fiat to fit any 1 din or 2 din music system. I am not a great fan of blue and Me.
  2. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    What is the name of that android app?
  3. deathwalkr

deathwalkr

Trivandrum
    Dont think we get the faceplate from Fiat. Found one on aliexpress but not sure of the finish :( And you can fit 1Din only.

i reckon its acar
  4. Excelerate

Excelerate Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks Vishi, To suggest if you plan to do atleast 30% of highway driving, cruise control is a must have. I was able to use it on the Expressway and it works like a charm. I will say go for the new linea. New linea with updated interiors is worth buying. I was able to get 25K discount on the new model and went for insurance seperately (saved some money there). while it might not match the 1 Lac discount but certainly the price difference reduces.. Hope this helps.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Having said that you are bang on, the jet is wonderful to drive, not only over the weekends but each time you sit on the driver's seat:p. While i am not particularly after high fuel efficiency but couple of more KM/L, bet you will also not complain:p.

- - - Merged Post - - -

ACAR from fuelly family.
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  5. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @Excelerate, heartiest congratulations for for your mighty Jet!! She looks real beauty in Black for sure.;) Specially pic of your T-Jet after 3M treatment; im just blown away by the lust. IMO HBB is the only color that do justice to new linea's chrome garnish.

About your dislikes, you complaining about steering being bit heavy, here are my 2 cents try this. Adjust your steering to lowest possible position. I feels bit lighter than the highest position.
    Have great time with your mighty JET,wear seatbelts!
    cheers!:)
    Excelerate likes this.
  6. Excelerate

Excelerate Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks TRON i will try that and will post the experience..
  7. acechip

acechip Superiore

@Excelerate- driver fatigue is the last thing I have experienced in the Linea. If anything, it is the opposite.. I dont know how tall you are, but one tip..dont drive with your seat crouched up to the steering wheel..like the typical Indian style..try to set as far back as possible..and then adjust the seat height. I am 1.78m tall, I find sitting back much better on my cars..
    The unusually high FE returned on the Pune-Mumbai leg of the expressway, is due to the gradual reduction in surface elevation all the way to Mumbai. Puts less strain on the engine always. I get 17kmpl plus many times. On the way back to Pune ,it is usually 13-14 kmpl, depending on speed and load and light traffic (4 adults 100-110kph).
    Excelerate and prabhjot like this.
  8. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    Congrats for the beast dude!!!

About App.. its ACAR!!! I am using it and its fantastic!!
  9. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats for the lovely car!
    My first post on the forum and what better than congratulating a fellow TJet owner. I got myself TJet-Emotion-Magnesio Grey, three weeks back and faced the same dilemma with people asking me not to go for Fiat. I just couldn't resist it. The pleasure one gets driving it just can't be expressed. It's amazing and delightful to say the least. Already done 1150 Kms including a highway drive to Punjab. The car felt so planted and stable, and got FE of 16.2 kmpl to Punjab and 15.8 while coming back to Delhi. I am getting 12-12.3 kmpl consistently in city as I generally drive with a light foot and impressed by the mileage. Still acquainting myself with car's dimensions being a Santro owner. Will post pics and update my profile over the Diwali weekend.
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats on T-Jet.
    Do open a separate thread with all details and pictures.
    prabhjot likes this.