1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rolled over by the Tjet juggernaut my new linea tjet 2014

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by Excelerate, Jun 18, 2014.

1. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Beautiful Pics!!! seems weather was also helping :)
    1 person likes this.
  2. Excelerate

Excelerate Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks Nadeem and Vikrant

With my initial owning of the Black Tjet, one thing was very clear that i need to spent my time and money to make it shine forever.
    First steps taken, went in to 3M and got a paint protection essential package done. Cost: 3290 + 12.36% service tax.

I will let the pic do the talking on the results. IMAG0129.jpg
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
    Deepak R, bharath, mchanna and 4 others like this.
  3. Vikrant Joshi

Vikrant Joshi Regolare

Pune
    Absolute beauty! More pics please:cool:

Sent from my iris504Q using Tapatalk
  4. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Beauty & the beast..... :)
  5. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    hope u can always keep it shining like this.... it looks so majestic like an elephant in shining black...my favorite color in any car. congrats
    eagerly awaiting some nice snaps from you ...
    if possible get the lip spoiler from the company too.. your Tjet deserves it !!!
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  6. Excelerate

Excelerate Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi All,

Its been quite a while since i last posted on the forum. I was buried under heap of work seriously. Had a short trip planned to mumbai this weekend, followed by a short getaway to lavasa.
    Trip details: Total distance travelled: 410 Kms, average fuel consumption: 12.3 Km/L ( not bad).

To be precise, while travelling to mumbai, pune- andheri the jet returned a mind boggling 16.6 KM/L. Yes right and i was surprised too. average speed being, 76KM/H.
    Driving back i was hit by heavy rains, resulting in a drop in efficiency to 10.5 KM/L. A big drop average speed was 46 KM/H.

Have also now completed 1000 Km an di still plan to put together the experience till now which will take a while.
    2 people like this.
  7. Excelerate

Excelerate Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Tjet 1000 KM report,
    Hi all,

Recently completed 1000 KMs in my new Tjet and as promised I am putting up a brief review of the experience so far.

Overall, I am extremely happy with the car, however maybe a couple of more Kms per litre will not make me complainJ.

Total Distance travelled: 1029 Km. The drive mostly been mix of short and long distances. 1 trip to Bhīma Shankar, 1 weekend drive to Mumbai via the expressway and 1 to Lavasa. Otherwise it is used for occasional office commutes.

Ride Comfort: While the ride mostly has been comfortable so far, I would like to point out the fatigue that I felt after I was driving back from Mumbai. Maybe I was not able to find the right sitting position or due to the heavy rains. This was when I am used to of driving long distances.

Handling: Its gem of a car when it comes to handling, Excellent.. The increase in GC is a welcome move which I really want to appreciate no scratching on the behemoth size speed breakers now.What a respite. I was also caught in the water choked roads in Mumbai and never did my jet put me down. It was a sad sight to see a BMW broken down and lots of maruti’s struggling to get out. Cruise control is an excellent feature and works like a charm.

Fuel Efficiency: No complains on the efficiency but I wouldn’t mind reading 13 KM/Litre on the MID. For my 1000 Km drive I have been able to secure a highest mileage reading of 16.6 KM/Litre and a lowest of 6.5. Extremes, yes!! More data in the screen below.

Niggles: Fingers crossed, absolutely noneJ. Just a minor issue of mis-aligned seat belt lock. My prying eyes missed it during the delivery procedure. I will post a picture of the same later.

Those things that I don’t like or have not grown over: The ICE system, speakers need an upgrade at-least. This will happen a little later although. Missing the rear view camera, waiting for fiat to announce a new HU with integrated rear camera compatibility, if not will look for importing one from EU. The steering is bit too heavy in slow speeds. The glove box design is pathetic, there is no or very less usable space. Can we get the replaced in aftermarket?

And last but not the least: the TURBOJET, Marvellous. You could go on and on writing about the experience and still enjoy the writing and the driving that’s the thrill of a Tjet. As we say I am already loving it when will you start?
    Screenshot.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  8. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Absolute beauty you got there...
    Wanted to know where you able to use the cruise control feature. Was it helpful.
    I am planning to buy the old linea as there is huge discount of 1lakh but the one feature which is stopping me to buy the old one is the cruise control. Is this feature really helpful. I will do a lot of highway driving (Bangalore to Mumbai)
    2 people like this.
  9. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    Vishi... You must buy the new Linea with cruise control. Its so useful in highways. Ive beem driving a Xuv 500 for couple of weeks & found it very useful and relaxing. I've beem thinking is there any way to install it in my old Linea MJD. So when you have am option, pls go for it. Else later you'll regret for sure. 1 lakh is a good discount, but im sure you'll get a considerable amount back when you sell it. Also the new interiors, features etc are worth it. Go for the all new Linea :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  10. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    Many congratulations Excelerate for the Jet.
    The car looks absolutely fabulous in the HHB colour.
    Please do spent a lot of time, energy and money to maintain the colour.
    Enjoy the ride and drive safe.

If you want to fly the Jet please come out of the typical "kitna deti hai" attitude.
    After a stressful week in the office, go out for a high revving drive on the Tjet in some lonely roads around Pune. The experience is priceless which no other car (at this price point) can provide.
    2 people like this.