1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rockford Fosgate RF-BLD Balanced Line Driver

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Linea-Lover, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Hi All,

We are planning to buy the Linea T-Jet+ infact have already bought it :D. The booking amount has already been done and would be getting the delivery of the car by 6th.

The one downside of the Linea is the ICE which as you all might be aware is a painful task to upgrade. My wife and me would like to install Rockford Fosgate speakers, amps and sub in it. But the million dollar question, How? It ain't a simple fix. The dealer suggested me to installed the Balanced Line Driver which will be giving the output to the amps. There will be 2 of them, 1 for the speakers and the other for the sub.

I would like opinions, suggestions and feedback in case if someone has used this product earlier. Is this the right way to go about?

The details of the product can be found here http://www.rockfordindia.com/prsrs_RF_BLD.htm

Thanks in advance for the help.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2011
  2. Hi Guys,

This is what I have finalized after consulting the installer here in Ahmedabad.
    Infinity Kappa 609CS components : 2 pairs.
    Hertz HP4 4 channel amp for components: http://www.performancecaraudio.com.au/products/hertz-hp-4-amplifier.html
    The catalogue says that this amp can take HP inputs in order to connect OEM systems. Also it has a pre-out for connecting further amps as well. Looks like a major hurdle has been taken care of.
    As this amp gives a pre-out, I plan to connect RF P500-1 for the sub. Sub could be an Infinity (12" don't remember the model no.) or RF P3D412

Any suggestions and comments are most welcome. The budget is around about 70~80k :devilface hence I am being very cautious and am REALLY worried as well. I hope it doesn't go down the drain :?:.
    One thing is clear, if I don't enjoy this setup, I'll tear apart every speaker and amp and install the lousy OEM speakers back :mad:
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

Woah..Hertz HP 4., that around 230W RMS per channel if I am not mistaken. How much you are quoted for same?
    2 pairs of infinity kappa 609CS would be strict no no from me, unless you are too fond of bright sound.
    I would suggest you co-axials in rear.

And frankly speaking if you are going for a drool maal stuffs, you would be stuck with lame performance of stock HU, HU is good for basic ussage, but if you are looking for some real juice in music, then you would be required to have a better HU.
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Since we are talking about a sedan here, we'll be placing su in the boot while speakers will go to the front and rear doors. This converts into into a 3 stage system if i am correct. It is always better to go for co-axials for the rear doors even if you are planning to put sub and amp. Comps virtually produce zero bass.
    Viny can put more light on this.
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Hertz HP 4 will be over kill for infinity.

if you are going in for such a powerful amp you should do justice to it and go for very high end powerful compos in front and a powerful sub in a sealed box.

@paddle shifter- compos do provide good bass at front when tuned perfectly, provided they are good ones which provide bass.

to be frank my suggestion will be-

go for a nice sound processor(if you dont wanna upgrade HU), moderate amp and good compos and good sub.

even after spending so much on hertz amp and compos and line drivers etc the bullshit headunit will kill all your fun and expectations.

by the how much is he charging you for the RF line driver and the hertz amp?
    Last edited: May 3, 2011