1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rocker panel hit divider

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by pdash, Mar 4, 2013.

1. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi all,,

I have started my day with broken heart... I was moving on a small junction and suddenly a car came from left cross road.. just to avoid collision I took a slight right,, My car's front wheel was lucky, crossed the divider but the body panel below the driver door hit the divider and and it got bend.. It was my equal fault,, I could have stop there .. :confused:

Any way, has any body got experience in repairing this panel.

Thanks in advance for your upcoming thoughts...

PD
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Can you post picture?

Even my panel is bent, but I left as it is, never enquired if it can be repaired or not.
    I hope it should get repaired, keep us updated, if you visit the SC.

DSC_005_1.jpg
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Rocker pannels are the area most prone for dents while negotiating a narrow stretch. I have seen many cars with a dent / scratch / bent rocker pannels running as it is without any problem. As Ravi indicated, its individual preferences.

@dash, A pic of the dent should help.
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Even mine was also bent but I got it done for Rs. 3000 from Car Cupid, Pune.
  5. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mine also got bent on the same place but on the drive side... I will plan to visit SC / outside body shop to get the quote. I will update the details soon.
  6. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    I dont think they will able to fit a new rocker panel or running board because the rocker panel is not seperately available with them it comes as a single piece and is moulded from the front panel till rear panel. My friend fellow Tfian's Vigneshram's punto also had the same problem and he got the reply from TASS as i mentioned. I suggest you to take it to some outside person and get them dented.
  7. Mr.Boss

Mr.Boss Amatore

Not sure about Fiat, but for TATA, Maruti, Hyundai Running boards are available outside A.S.S. I have seen a lot of Indicas getting new running boards.
    I have repaired my Honda City running board with a big dent, which could not be repaired with a dent puller.
    It was cut open, dent removed, welded again and painted back.
  8. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have visited a body shop today morning called Sejal motors in Mahadevpura , I got a quotation of RS1500 for the job.

Planning to visit TSC and get the quote tomorrow.
    1 person likes this.
  9. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Bro they wont replace it new one. But make sure that they work on the old ones and make them look new.
  10. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    This rocker panel can be repaired easily and you will not able to find out any difference, But to replace the rocker panel you have to order whole part which includes quarter panel with it, Part & painting cost will be high.

Go ahead with repair ( Dent removal & Painting), but check the paint quality & uniformity.
    1 person likes this.