1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Road Trip Help Needed: Chennai Gwalior Agra Jaipur Jodhpur Udaipur

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by vanandwiz, Jul 27, 2014.

1. vanandwiz

vanandwiz Amatore

Chennai
    Thanks, will get mentally prepared for it.

Thanks, will check the reviews for these places... especially Bharatpur....
    wrt places in Rajasthan, you are right, there are many good places. I have them book marked on my Google map. But with 9 days schedule I have to settle for best of the best.
  2. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Snaps of Bharatpur and Udaipur

Just remembered the name - it is Ranakpur temple

Here is a little something to motivate you for the trip to Bharatpur
    IMG_8909_Doc.jpg
    IMG_8956_doc.jpg

And here is bird's eye view of Udaipur (from the monsoon palace of the king)
    IMG_9430_doc.jpg

- - - Merged Post - - -

Before spending time on Jaipur, do check out reviews. I believe that it may be skipped - but you should check and decide for yourself
    1 person likes this.
  3. vanandwiz

vanandwiz Amatore

Chennai
    Thanks for photos.
    I think I will need a must-see list and priority list for each city.
  4. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Wow 4800 kms in nine days is a lot of driving!

Getting to Hyderabad thorugh Addanki, Pidurugulla, Nalgonda is a better and quicker option than going to Vijayawada which would be longer and busier. I guess you are planning to this way. Even though there are two lane sections in between when you come into towns, you don't lose much time. I took this route in January.
    1 person likes this.
  5. vanandwiz

vanandwiz Amatore

Chennai
    Thanks Subzero, I am planning to take this route.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Barnaby

Barnaby

USA
    Discussion going well all members have great knowledge about tourism. Professionally I am also a tourist and love to see beautiful places around the world. India is one of my favorite tourist attractions in the world. I like this region due to its rich history and culture.
    2 people like this.
  7. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    From my personal experience (in 80s), at Agra, you should visit the fort and Fatehput Sikri. Agra fort is quite big. If you love history, keep 2 days for Agra and 2 for Udaipur. Gwalior has a big fort and a palace and also few temples and hence if you have time (since you would also need to rest), keep 2 days for Gwalior too.

All the best.
    1 person likes this.