1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Road Tax Scanner in Bangalore..**** Beware Out of State Vehicles *****

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Guru_mprasad, Jul 17, 2014.

1. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    I will suggest easier solution.
    Get a blank invoice/challan copy from any of the road transport packers and movers (preferably from your home town guys). Even better get a invoice book printed (costs around Rs. 200)

Every month create a fresh bill and show these guys that you got your vehicle transported to the city instead of driving. This is the receipt of transport.
  2. Guru_mprasad

Guru_mprasad Amatore

Chennai

This will workout for the Traffic Police and not for the RTO where they seek all sort of the proof.. They are cheat proof.... :p

- - - Merged Post - - -

Please spread this information to your Known ones in Bangalore.. Lets at least save a few Crores... These guys have give collected to nearly 5 Crores in the drive...
  3. Guru_mprasad

Guru_mprasad Amatore

Chennai
    Karnataka Minister MH Ambareesh submits medical bills worth Rs 1.16 Crore - YouTube

Now look at this and the Karnataka Govt is driving this road tax scanner on the common man again to loot him just because, he/she is using a road for a daily necessity for a living.... Hail the Indian government and its Rules and Regulations.. These rules are only for a common man and he will be looted if he is unable to follow that.. I was literally boiling when seeing the CM saying a rubbish reply and the accused himself behaving the same way....
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Today for few hours RTO guys did catch alot of such cars in front of Infosys office ECE city. I stood their for few minutes watching whats happening. As far as i could observe and understand in those few minutes, the authority office there did not listen to any pleading/request/arguments/etc. from the owners. He just straight away asked for documents. When provided, sealed it off in a plastic envelop and returned a acknowledgement copy and asked the owers to drop by their office with this card for tax payments.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Listening all these is making me to think even moving car out of India would be much easier than moving within states.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Prash1407

Prash1407 Amatore

Bangalore
    There is a lot of discussion going on the same topic in other forums. We need not get hyper about this since this is a law which has been implemented. As responsible citizens, we need to respect the same. For some, this may not be correct but there are other ways of putting this across to the concerned authorities.
    P.S: As a respect to this forum, do not use words which you have written. Just chill!!
  7. aruncep

aruncep Amatore

Chennai
    3 folks from Kochi are on the way, by road, to London. As of yesterday they entered Russia. <cite class="_td">recorddrive.blogspot.com

I have not seen them complaining about anything of this sort :p.
    </cite>
    1 person likes this.
  8. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Bangalore
    Law is a law and if we are supposed to use KA roads we should pay tax here.
    This is actively discussed in other forums as well. It really makes my blood boil with the kind of taxes KA guys are collecting and the kind of roads in Bangalore. I really cant find any drive worthy road in Bangalore. LTT is absolute nonsense and how can KA govt say pay for a lifetime when you are here for short time..

There was an online petition sometime back to spread the message to allow yearly payment of taxes, but i think that has lost its steam..

Change.org petition.

- - - Merged Post - - -

They have been caught in Devanahalli elevated road for alleged over speeding.
    BTP was hell bent to make them pay fines and started harassing them until they showed them the on board GPS recorded speed.
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  9. Guru_mprasad

Guru_mprasad Amatore

Chennai
    Apologizing to the mods.. That I have used harsh words against the decorum of the forum.. I respect this forum a lot and had been following it up eversince it went live.. The pain I went through that day when I was made to wander in the RTO office and even today made me write in that manner.. Apologize if my criticism has caused a rift in some body's mind.. Again, I obey the laws of this country, but I wanted to know if this appropriate and the road tax applies to all class of vehicles.. If this is some where made available to the public then all is well.. Now this thirty days is no where mentioned in the document available in RTO website which I have attached and not easily available to the common man.. He/She has to search all over the internet and google it to find it.. Atleast I was able to do it in that way.. May be it is available in the some other website but I am unable to find it.. Rather than complaining about the public not willing to pay the taxes / abide the rules.. Make the rules simple enough to be followed.. For Eg: I had a discussion with a person who is having a cordial relationship with the RTO office, what he says is when you pay the tax don't even expect for the refund, forget the money..Now when I am paying a road tax for 15 Years which is logically incorrect, and I know that I am definitely not going to live here in Bangalore for those many years and when I move out in a couple of years the process should be simple or atleast sure to get the refund with the deduction for as many years the roads are used, which is not by the way..

Rather they can have slot for the road tax as 1, 2, 3 .... Years and who ever wants to pay the tax would go for it based on their convenience and renew the road tax if they live here beyond that time. And this option will made available only to the other State vehicles who are moving interstate.. Now classify it as non refundable so the process of refunding the money is also saved and as well the income for the government will also increase through this.. All will pay the tax properly.. No body will like to go through all these problems instead they would pay.. Now coming to the inspection of these vehicles.. Do a regular inspection and give the rights to the Traffic Police to add this Road Tax as one more document along with what they check usually and give charge sheet when a vehicle has a expired / No Road Tax.. All these can be done with a lot of improvisations.. These all just came crossing my mind when I was typing, now think the effort to improvise this.. No time this can be implemented and passed as an order, but they will not do it that's our country.. Also look at how they charge for the taxis, they get the tax quarterly, 15 Years of LTT for a private owned vehicles which would be used that much on the roads and quarterly tax for the Yellow Boards.. What a Pity.....
    1 person likes this.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Implementing the law is fine. Harassing the people is not acceptable at all.