1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Road Tax Scanner in Bangalore..**** Beware Out of State Vehicles *****

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Guru_mprasad, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Guru_mprasad

Guru_mprasad Amatore

Chennai
    Road Tax Scanner in Bangalore..**** Beware Out of State Vehicles *****

The scanner has been started by the Bangalore RTO and is in full swing here.. Out of State Vehicles (no KA Registered) please be aware that you need to prove them that you have traveled into Bangalore and has not stayed more than 30 Days. Toll Receipts is a must for you to prove this. Also they ask for your original documents (don't know if this is really required). Now coming to my case. I have recently moved to Bangalore from Chennai due to work relocation. When I had inquired people before moving in here in Tamil Nadu about my TN Registered Car and Bike that I have, all said that the papers need to be current and proper. I was having no issues for about 4 Months now ever since I have moved in.. 4th July, I was caught by the RTO officials and was asked for the papers, which I showed them happily. Then they asked for the original RC book, which I gave them. As soon as soon as they got these, they gave me the charge sheet and wanted to pay the Road Tax. They are not convincing as to what ever we say.

I happened to browse the internet to get some idea on the road tax act and amendments. I have attached all the documents that I have collected in the internet. I can see that this road tax is applicable if the vehicle's cost is more than 15 Lacs. If this is the case then why all cars are caught and asked to pay. Not sure about the correct meaning of this. Those who have knowledge in this can give some idea on this and let me know if have any lead.

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  2. Sumit Arora

Sumit Arora Timido

Bangalore
    They have some targets to achieve and for that they can go to any extend. By the way if you can share the location where you had an encounter will help other by avoiding that path.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2014
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am not sure if the cost of the vehicle plays the role here. Tamilnadu also did a similar drive targeting the PY registered vehicles in Chennai. The RTO guys even got the PY registered owners list from the Luxury car showrooms that time.
  4. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    To keep the entry date of the toll booth current, you can even travel upto Hosur once in 30 days and obtain a toll recpt and that can keep you going on to say it is less than a month since you came to bangalore. It will be cheaper than paying the road tax of Karnataka.

Abdul
    4 people like this.
  5. aruncep

aruncep Amatore

Chennai
    Press Information Bureau English Releases

There is some light at the end of the tunnel. A decision is taken at the Central Govt level, since RTO is a state affair the state need to issue Govt Orders accordingly. I have raised a query with the Ministry in FB and the same was forwarded to an officer for further processing. Will check with him in a weeks time and see when we really can see some light :)
    1 person likes this.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Won't help this time. Just today morning I read in another forum that a guy who showed toll receipt which is one month old is not accepted and they have seized the vehicle. They are asking a letter from his employer stating he is in Bangalore office on a temporary assignment or else pay full road tax and get the vehicle.
  7. aruncep

aruncep Amatore

Chennai
    Bangalore is a city where all are being asked to pay road tax but at the same time that is a city which have least maintained roads :) ....

The RTO stuff should be a central govt affair rather than being a state affair.
  8. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    A similar drive has been started in Hyderabad too. I have seen this happen few times in the last couple of weeks. The location is before the V Park circle, when one comes from Gachibowli. Soon vehicles registered in the Residual / New AP will also be included in this list.
  9. Guru_mprasad

Guru_mprasad Amatore

Chennai
    I had a heated discussion, as the inspector Mr. Kariappa started to talk "You Tamilians come here, enjoy Drinks, Air in bangalore and you only come for that and why don't you pay the Tax". In return I told him as if Bangalore is a Country within India that too we are already paying the tax that is deducted at source and goes to the central government. This guy was also recently on the FB, A girl who was claimed to have run over the police man during this raid, and the perception got created as if the girl had been harsh.. I know about this guy, he frustrates every one's blood to boil... This guy is the one who I think drives this entire force with the help of the local RTOs in each region.. I had been in the RTO the whole of that day, I was actually travelling back to my home place next morning. Ok, When it comes to the Toll Receipt, these guys are clever, they expect the toll receipt to be in a bunch and not one ticket alone. They know that people can go to Hosur and take a toll and come back.. How clever???? Idha ellam panam irukura mudhalainga kittey kaataaungada paapom...(Dare to show this master mind to the bigshots). They also treat us like a third class citizen, done some criminal mistake.. WTF.. Leave all these.. Even if we console ourselves and want to pay the tax then the problem takes a different directions and you have a hard time there as well.. Mine is a Used car where I dont have the invoice of it and they are asking for the invoice to take it forward.. These guys are ****clever in all these why dont they maintain a database on the price list of the cars... **** I think these generation people are the ones who are actually pulling down the integrity..
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  10. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Bangalore

I totally agree with you ARUN ... Earlier it was fine as people barely hop between jobs and also transfers used to happen in very specific part of job profiles, but now almost 70% jobs are like hopping through states rather than only companies... I think a mass petition can help to highlight the situation ...

It hearts specifically in Bangalore just because there are no roads as such for which we have to pay the maximum road-tax in the country ...
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2014