1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Road Tax in Bangalore

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Cubbie, May 9, 2011.

1. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Wondering what are the charges for out of state Road Tax in Karnataka for Punto?

Is it possible to transfer the existing state road tax from one state to Karnataka RTO?
    what procedures do i need to adopt pls and is there is a clearance or somekind of NOC needs to be applied in current state RTO?

& for how long (officially) one can drive without paying tax in another state.

Finally, is there any other thing that I need to take care as well as my car is financed by HDFC in Jaipur?
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note- Thread moved to Hangout from TFI Classifieds section
  3. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Sorry Mods.. thought I was in Hangout zone !!
  4. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Cubbie,

i think time duration is around one month from the day your vehicle lands on Karnataka's state road.you have to pay whole amount of road tax in Karnataka,even though you have paid lum sum road tax for rajasthan state.its really a pain and a hole in pocket.i believe you do have to fetch a NOC from your Jaipur RTO(not sure).

Even i had my himachal registered bullet with me in Bangalore but never paid road tax(because i did not want to pay it unnecessarily).just rode my bike there for more than a year.

Suggestion would be if you wish to stay in Bangalore for more than a year or for longer period should go for road tax and get Bangalore's registration no.

KA-O3....INDIRANAGAR RTO
    KA-04...JAYANAGAR RTO
    KA-01...M.G ROAD RTO
    KA-51...E-CITY RTO

Finance thing would be continued by making ECS Payments,wouldn't be any hassles if your car is financed by HDFC Jaipur...

Same cranky rule goes in pune as well...

i wonder why the heck one has to pay the road tax statewise.thank god nothing of that sort is applicable in north India..else i would have paid a lot for riding in punjab and in delhi too...ha ha ha ha ha..
    Last edited: May 9, 2011
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    The following are the RTO registration numbers applicable for Bangalore:

Bangalore Central - KA 01 [Koramangala]
    Bangalore West - KA 02 [Rajajinagar]
    Bangalore East - KA 03 [Indiranagar]
    Bangalore North - KA 04 [Yeshwantpur]
    Bangalore South - KA 05 [Jayanagar]

Rajarajeshwari Nagar, Bangalore - KA 41
    Ramanagar, Bangalore Rural District - KA 42
    Devanahalli, Bangalore Rural District - KA 43
    Yelahanka, Bangalore - KA 50
    Bannerghatta, Bangalore - KA 51
    Nelamangala, Bangalore - KA 52
    K.R. Puram, Bangalore - KA 53
    Last edited: May 10, 2011
  6. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hmmm Ravi...

oops i was just throwing some arrows in ocean....thanks for correcting me...

KA-40 & KA-41 is for mangalore????isn't it??
  7. why do you need to pay tax??
    if any time a police stops you tell them you came on atrip to visit a relative of yours.
    thats all..
    that is what i do to my tn registered car in hdyerabad
  8. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    If I do my mind will not be at rest... I hate to be caught in wrong doing..

A similar incident happened in Jaipur, as our company has branch in Hyd, one of our collegue had a AP registered car and was caught by traffic police after 2.5 yrs of him being here... his vehicle was seized by police and was asked to pay up for the road tax + Fine and Also appear in the traffic court... I fear and dont have want get into the hassel of running around

And another incident with another collegue with AP Santro... i was a passenger with him... he escaped mentioning thhat he is on a Project work for 4 weeks... :) so it all depends on the state of mind... i would have easily failed then :(
  9. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Are you planning to move back to Jaipur? If yes, than take the NOC from Jaipur and pay the road tax at Bangalore till you are there. RTO issues a slip which you need to show it to traffic cops when ever required. That way you could avoid the lengthy process of re-registering your car in different state.
  10. yeah as grandeur rightly said that is also a good idea.
    also there is some process if you re register your car in another state and pay the road tax in the new state you will get a part of the road tax originally paid in your home state back..