1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Road rage - How do you deal with it?

Discussion in 'Safety First!' started by PatchyBoy, Nov 22, 2013.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Rahul,

Do you think it will make a difference if you would pursue? Let me know, I will direct you to certain website where you can pour your heart out.

Frankly speaking, its time to move on. Scars on the car can be removed, dont let any on the heart and mind. Be strong and move on.

Lets meet sometime, have a drink or two together. This will cheer you up.
    rahul4wd, limraj and punto_emotion like this.
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Rahul: For your safety purpose, please install dash camera and a rear view camera with recording functionality.
    So that if something like this ever happens, you would have recorded evidence to get culprits punished.
    rahul4wd likes this.
  3. rahul4wd

rahul4wd Timido

Mumbai
    Guys,

Got my car back today. Back in prestine condition. Somehow, the look of the car erased all the negetive thoughts. Man Am happy to drive again.

I would like to share that AM Motors has done a fanstastic job.

Yes Girish (Godhlur), lets plan up for a meet.

I am :) ing again and I would like to thank all of you for standing by me and giving me the strength.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  5. sidnaique

sidnaique Timido

Goa
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I completely agree. Surprisingly the ones with less luxury in their vehicles are more responsible on the road than all of us with lumbar supports, auto climate control, power windows, cigarette lighters and what not.
    In my experience, almost every long distance truck driver lets you know when the road is clear for you to overtake(with hand signal), warns you if the road is not clear and you are trying to overtake, lowers the beam when you flash your headlights, and the list goes on...

Hats off to the truckers!
  6. Paul_Walker

Paul_Walker Novizio

Bengaluru
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yesterday, I was involved in a road rage, Which I am not very proud of :(

I was coming back to Bangalore along with my family from 2 days Mysore trip. Except the tiring drive through Bangalore – Mysore road, trip was very nice. On Sunday afternoon we started around 3 PM and reached ORR via NICE road and Slik board. We were on our way to Kunadalahalli when this incident happened. It was somewhere near Sarjapur road junction where I overtook a Figo with proper signaling and keeping a safe distance before changing the lane. For some reason the driver got irritated and started chasing me by honking continuously and cut sharply in front of me.

That’s when the hell broke loose. The world around me started blurring , I was not able hear or listen anything other than the Figo in front of me. I shifted down the gears and started chasing the Figo like mad to teach him a lesson. I started driving very fast zipping between vehicles. All my family members panicked and started shouting and asking me to slow down and let that guy go. My usually very calm Dad was shouting at top of his voice to stop the car. My wife was reminding me about our kid and the promise I did last time when we were similar incident. But my adrenaline rush was so much, I could not hear them at all. Still I am not able to completely recall what was happening that time.

Finally I caught him after half kilometer chase ( which was not very difficult in Bangalore traffic ). Stopped the car in middle of the road, got down and shouted at that guy. Scolded him for cutting my lane rashly. I pointed him how he had put my family and 2.5 yr old son’s lives in risk. But at this point I forgot that I had put my own family’s life at higher risk while chasing. Few words exchanged, some heated argument and finally traffic started piling up and both of us were forced to leave that place.

I came back to my car and started driving back to home and started to think what happened in last 3 or 4 mins because of the impatience, ego and adrenaline rush.
    • Spoilt the mood of nice vacation we had
    • Unnecessary argument which could have been easily avoided /ignored
    • I was a bad example to my son
    • What I would have done if they were bunch of goons?
    • What would have happened if I had hit some 2 wheeler or touched some other car?
    After thinking about all these worst case scenarios I felt it is not worth to involve in a road rage. This will be only matter of few mins or few bucks but your loved ones and mental peace is more important.

Now my wife is seriously asking me to join some Anger Management course. She had put me under probation period to improve my patience level. Till then no more long trips :stop:.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2016
  7. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Paul_Walker, I completely empathize with your situation and your regret. Myself have been a victim of such regret many times. Trust me, it feels like stupid when we look back at the incident. It is very common in a traffic frenzy city like Blore. Day in and day out we will have to deal with such situations. The best way to avoid such an incident is to ignore, as rightly suggested by your family. I know it gets on to our nerves at the heat of the moment. But, for own good and for the sake of our beloved, we need to take it easy and let it go. This is a process which I have been trying to implement with kind of 50-50 success ratio. Yet to completely get over it.
    limraj and Paul_Walker like this.
  8. Paul_Walker

Paul_Walker Novizio

Bengaluru
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have to perform lot better than that to convince my wify :p. Now margin for error is Zero ;).
  9. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    @Paul_Walker , Been there .. Bangalore- Mysore on a sunday evening tests your patience.

I nowadays , the Night before I leave on a long trip. Make it a point to re-iterate to myself and tell my wife also . that I will drive leisurely.I will Let other vehicles pass me, Stay extra alert. Mileage Run. No speed records to beat. Start early. Stop whenever/wherever we feel like.

I have found that this helps upto a extent. As soon, as I speed up. Either I remember or my wife reminds me. So it works.
    mangeshtendulkar and Paul_Walker like this.
  10. Paul_Walker

Paul_Walker Novizio

Bengaluru
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I will have to keep above as one of the points to motivate myself to drive slow and sensibly.