1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Road rage - How do you deal with it?

Discussion in 'Safety First!' started by PatchyBoy, Nov 22, 2013.

1. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    This is bad, pretty big damges there, but you are in sound health, thats a big positive
    OT - Yours is a Indore registered Punto, are you here for a short term?
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    OMG Rahul. Thanks God that you are safe and it hurts to see the car being damaged. I hope you must have filed the report with the cops.

Its shocking to know that its unsafe even in broad daylight to drive. I know that stretch from Mankoli Naka to Mumbai is actually lined up with lot of villages and these villagers think they own a piece of NH3. But attacking by a group was unthinkable. The bikers must have been surely drunk and must have instigated the crowd, I would say you were lucky that in your pursuit of escaping the mob, you didnt injure anyone or else the situation would have been far more worser.

Take care and avoid using your car for a few days (Although I hate to say this).
  3. rahul4wd

rahul4wd Timido

Mumbai
    Yes Abhishek, mine is a Indore registered. I was living at Indore in 2011 for some time and that's when I bought the car. Now I live in Mumbai.

Yes, the damages are pretty bad. But, as you rightly said I am alive. That is all that is there to it.

Thanks.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 12, 2014 ---
    Dear Ghodlur,

Good to hear from you. Sure, I am not taking the route for quite some time to come.
  4. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    Sorry to hear this Rahul and very sorry to see car in such condition but thank god that you are safe n sound. Take care and be very careful in and around Bhiwandi. I have used that route for many times but everytime i pass thru that area i feel very nervous. Always feel that everyone around is eyeing on me..kuch mauka de yeh banda, aaj haath saaf kar lete hai attitude seems prevalent there.
  5. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Dehradun
    Bure din aanewala hain for traffic violators.
    Traffic police must implement these rules strictly uploadfromtaptalk1410680882910.jpg
  6. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hi Rahul, sorry to hear about this tragic incident. There are no words to console about whats happened.
    Hope police would be able to find these guys and give them some proper treatment.
    All said and done, good to see you managed to come out safe from this. Keep safe
  7. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    I wish this is also applicable to the cars used by the 'babu's. The ones with a RED or sometimes Blue plate (mentioning babu's office or position) on the registration number.

--- Double Post Merged, Sep 15, 2014 ---
    Rahul, take care of yourself and the car.
    Thesedays one can't even make him heard even if he is right.
    It's better to let go (easier said than done)..
  8. rahul4wd

rahul4wd Timido

Mumbai
    Guys,

Thanks for sharing your support. The update recieved from the police is just plain joke. They have registered an NC and that's all. Follow up from my end resulted blank. I am in two minds whether to persue or just leave it. Even If i want to persue whom should I approach?

The car is getting done at AM MOTORS (Kandivali W) under the expert hands of Mr. Sashikath Palekar. He has assured me that the car will be back to its former glory. What hurts me is that I am paying the price (Mental & Monitory) for the whole incident which was totally beyond my control. The people responsible are freely roaming and I know I don't have any resources to get back to them. Its a feeling of helplessness, shame & anger. And the worst part is I have to live with it.

What scares me is the thought what if I was with my family during the incident !!! I know I am sounding paranoid. And, I have no shame to admit that I am.The whole incident has shaken me up pretty bad.

But yes, I know I will be back to my own self soon. I would like to thank one and all who has responded to my post for giving me strength.

God Bless.
  9. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Nothing much can be advised on this. All the best for a quick recovery.
    Even reply from police is also nothing extra-ordinary. It was expected.
    forget it and move on!
    Happy Riding!
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @rahul4wd Sad and scary to read your experience. Good that you are safe.
    You did correct to report to Police, and as expected they just don't want to work for normal public. May be you can try to meet some senior officer, if you can.

Do avoid same route, I am sure with time you will come out of it.