1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Road rage - How do you deal with it?

Discussion in 'Safety First!' started by PatchyBoy, Nov 22, 2013.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    There are too many idiots driving and riding around in Bangalore. It seriously used to get my blood boiling. Now its all sober and let even cyclea overtake without a worry in the world. For two reasons.

1. Entry of my little princess in to this world. Just a thought about her makes me go valm.

2. ICE - a nice ICE set up make you not notice half the honking crap around you and nice music keeps you relaxed.
    PradeepM and ghodlur like this.
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    I got into one myself yesterday, a minor one.
    I was driving leisurely on the way home with my brother on NH66 (old name - NH47) near Korani. Then a white innova was trying to overtake when there was no space (the car in front of me was very close) and he did not even notice oncoming vehicles either.
    There was an oncoming vehicle, he tried to push into my lane, leaving me to push myself to left side giving him space, other wise would have hit him. I got really angry of this guy's act, overtook innova from left side and planted my in car in front of him for a few seconds and then continued.
    I was expecting him to chase or cut through my lane etc etc. But, to my surprise, he kept quiet. In fact, he slowed down and did not even try to overtake me till I exited the NH66. I wonder if he had taken it as a sign to go leisurely!!!
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    My way to avoid road rage is to keep the car plonked on the middle lane. This way the crazy over taking cars at least overtake from right side rather than left. This also gives a signal to the following car that this chap is not going to switch lanes and hence no danger from him. Makes the other guys relaxed and me too. Inspite of all this there are certain morons and this includes the fairer sex too who still honk from behind and then overtake from left.

But in Mumbai I have seen a cold stare at the offender makes his unsettled for the act he committed ensuring that he does not repeat with me at least.
  4. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Off topic,

Congratulations Mate .

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  5. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore