1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Road Condition : Valparai to Athirapally. need help

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by hello2anand, Jan 6, 2014.

1. hello2anand

hello2anand Amatore

Bangalore
    Hello friends....Planning for a trip to Thrissur to attend my cousin's wedding. Our final destination is Thrissur but first planning to visit Athirapally falls....

I will be starting from Bangalore, will stay overnight in Coimbatore, TN. Here are the options i have from Coimbatore...

1) Coimbatore >> Pollachi >> Valparai >> Athirapally ( 4 hrs/176 KM)
    2) Coimbatore >> Palghat >> Thrissur >> Athirapally ( 3.5 hrs/160 KM)

After going thru muliple reviews, the first option seems to be thrilling but need suggestion on the road conditions specially between Valparai & Athirapally....Moreover, personally I am willing for option #1 considering the scenic beauty of the ride & places of interest

Things to be considered......
    1) I'll be travelling with my wife & sons. One of my kid just turned 8 months....So I am not sure If I can take chance with the 1st option as some 80Km stretch is supposed to be of No Human Civilization...:confused:
    2) Completed the 4th service for my GP Em Pk 1.3 Diesel in Dec 2013
    3) Replaced my old tyres with Primacy 3ST yesterday

Awaiting for a response....

Thanks
    Anand
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Then why worry about option 2?
    Go and take 1) Coimbatore >> Pollachi >> Valparai >> Athirapally ( 4 hrs/176 KM) ;)
  3. hello2anand

hello2anand Amatore

Bangalore

limraj, yes...thats my take but can;t conclude without knowing the current road conditions....Do you have some clue on that ?
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Once you start climbing the ghats you will love this route. The beauty is to be experienced than explained :p

The routine route, with the Walayar checkpost traffic and road condition might not make it interesting.

Not sure if you need to take the risk of going via Valparai. Beyond Valparai, the place is nothing but dense forest with no mobile signal too. Just for this sole reason stick to the Thrissur Route.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    To add to what Krishna has said, the route between Valparai and Athirapalli is not that good. Very average and will take lot of time.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
  6. hello2anand

hello2anand Amatore

Bangalore