1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rim bend and Suitable tyre replacement

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by vkn67, Aug 13, 2014.

1. vkn67

vkn67

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3 MJD, 42 K done; 37 months old. Experience vibration on the steering and auth. service center mechanic diagnosed this to be of wheel bend (later he identified Front RH Wheel has a bend, Tyres are also recommended to be changed). Want to check :

a. ) Any recommendation for bend removal of the alloy rim ?
    b. ) Recommended make / model for the tyre (Fiat fitted tyre was of Apollo make).
    c. ) can I also go for 205 Tyre ?

V Kannan
  2. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Depends on the damage the wheel has sustained. If its minor, alloy rim can be repaired but it would be weaker & a little bit of vibration would remain.

I got one straightened & it cost me Rs.1500/-.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    For Alloy bend removal, have a look at http://www.teamfiat.co.in/tyres-alloys/3796-a1-car-care-centre-jayanagar-1st-block-bangalore.html. Depending how much bend it has, you can take a call to fix it or replace with new Alloy.

For Tyre replacement, have a look at this thread - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/tyres-alloys/8298-tyre-upgrade-discussion.html. Depending on your requirement, you should choose one.
    If you were happy with Apollo Acellere, you can go with Apollo Alnac 4G. For comfirt, you can choose Michelin P3ST.
  4. vkn67

vkn67

Bangalore
    Thanks Ravi, in fact about 2 years back I tried A1, Jayanagar -(if I remember it was Mr Iliyas) : They offered me a replacement set of Fiat Alloy rims (all 4 of them in lieu of my bent ones) and I have taken. For bend removal they were talking about taking the rim elsewhere (if I had opted for the same then). Nevertheless let me try.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Hi, Where did you get the straightening done ? In Bangalore ?
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I haven't used their service and never did any work on my alloys.