1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Right Unlocking mechanism of central lock

Discussion in 'Technical' started by RNR, Mar 7, 2015.

1. RNR

RNR Timido

Hi Fellow TFI-ans,

Please help me in understanding the correct working of FIAT central locking mechanism in Linea

1. I start the car and if I cross 20km/hr central lock auto engages and closes all doors.
    2. When I stop and turn off engine and pull the key off, door locks remains locked and I have to manually pull the driver side door lock lever to unlock all the doors. Is this correct ? If I understood correctly , this is incorrect and as soon as the engine is off centre locking mechanism should unlock the doors ( as a safety measure ).

I asked the same question to the SA of Hyson auto. The answer was " it is like that only sir ".

Please post your experience with factory fitted centre locking of linea/punto

Best Regards,
    Prash
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Doors don't auto unlock after you switch off the engine and its safer that way imagine you have something valuable on the backseat and switch off the car at a red light and someone opens the rear door and fled with valuable item.
    In Fiat's door opening lever is a dual stage unlike other Jap and Korean cars that have two levers so when you pull that lever it automatically unlocks the doors, unlike other cars where you have to first pull central locking lever and then door opening lever. So even if the doors would auto unlock in Fiat you won't notice any difference apart from a little lighter force when pulling levers.
  3. gklc811

gklc811 Novizio

Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Hi PNR,

I am yet to own an Avventura.

Locking the doors after reaching a determined speed is considered as a safety measure.
    But unlocking the door without owner's consent is not considered as safety.

There can be scenarios where after switching off the engine, you see some moron trying to break in. In such cases it is safe to stay in car with doors locked.

Regards,
    Gokul.
  4. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks for bringing this up. In my Aug'14 GPunto, the doors unlock as soon as I switch off the engine. And I had always thought of this as a safety hazard as rightly pointed above. Will have to bring it up with the dealer and check on it.
  5. RNR

RNR Timido

Thanks Vijay, never thought about this aspect at all.

But if you check my query I mentioned " turn off engine and pull the key off " Both has to happen to unlock the doors. Merely turning the engine off should not unlock.
    If you check after market central locks they will also have a similar feature. Once the key is off from keyhole, doors unlock.

So I am wondering Linea/Punto OEM centre lock also has the same feature..?
  6. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Yes unlocking can be implemented that way never thought like that till now but unfortunately it doesn't happen in Linea.
    Though there is option of enabling auto unlock in Multiecuscan but it can't be enabled, guess its disabled by fiat in BCM programming.
  7. Pratheep

Pratheep Timido

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    My central locking system in fiat punto evo is not working as it worked before.

The issue is when my car crosses 20km/hr speed, i hear door lock sound but passenger's can still unlock the door without driver's notice which i feel as safety failure to me.

Fiat service people are saying me that passengers can unlock the door without driver's notice but i was using the car for 6months in which passengers can't unlock the door until driver unlocks it from driver panel.

Please let me know what is the ideal mechanism of central locking system in fiat punto evo dynamic 2015 model?

I just want to understand whether service center people are fooling me.

Your earliest reply is much appreciated.
  8. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    MSIL have arranged double security.
    In mannual Central locking of Celerio, when you unlock with the key at first try only driver side door gets unlock. If you wish to unlock all doors you will have to turn the key twice instead of single