1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Right Rear door lock malfunction

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by FiatGrandPunto, Jan 18, 2014.

1. FiatGrandPunto

FiatGrandPunto

Pune
    Hello Experts,

I am new to the world of Fiat. I have recently purchased Fiat Emotion MJD from Pundit Auto, Model Colony, Pune.
    The car is working great, but today, I realized that rear right door is not opening from inside of my car. It gets opened from outside though.

May I request you to please guide me if there is any kind of setting that I need to adjust or need to go to Fiat Service Center is the last option.

Kindly Help.

Thanks,
    Sandeep
  2. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You can visit service center......they will take care of it......my left door lock was replaced under warranty as it was not getting locked automatically.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Sandeep,

Shouldnt be much of an issue since the lock will be replaced under warranty. Visit the nearest service workshop and get it done. Fiat has a serious quality issue with the locks coz there have been an increased no of door lock malfunctioning reported mostly by the new buyers. In my case two door locks have already been replaced under warranty in Punto.
  4. Mr.Boss

Mr.Boss Amatore

have you checked if Child Lock is enagaged?
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Here is a picture, with all credits to it's original owner !
    It is on the door lock edge, a mechanical screw to twist with your car key.
    childlock.jpg
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
    2 people like this.
  6. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    With the problem statement it looks like a child lock issue... follow the pic above and issue will be resolved

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
  7. I had the same problem. But it was the child lock which I engaged when my son was opening the door sitting on his child seat.