1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Right Pulling and Steering vibrations after upgrading to 15" Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Dhileepan Karthi, Sep 24, 2015.

1. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Really sorry to hear this.

I definitely recommend of repeating WA, WB in a good and reputed location.

I do suggest to check couple of more checks as below.
    1. The suspension system.
    2. wheel bearings.
    3. Mounting/elastic pads. (suspension mounts)
    Dhileepan Karthi likes this.
  2. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Then drive another 200Km to make them follow the profile of the rim and then balance and see the result.Make sure you balance them after more than the same amount of km you ran them with bad rims.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 8, 2015 ---
    How much did you run on bad alloys
  3. Dhileepan Karthi

Dhileepan Karthi Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Ravi In the last service yesterday, both the rear coil spring bushes (THRUST RING) were replaced. OM7VtpG.png

@KKAUL - Before changing the tyres, I drove close to 400 kms on those alloys. After changing tyres, another 150 kms.

Not more than 600 kms in total.
  4. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Since your Driving was too low nothing would have got damaged due to those alloys.
    But still you should get your lower arm bushing checked because it is close to 3 years old and the top quality bushing we are getting from FIAT might have lost its strength due to weathering effect of rubber.
    You might have a doubt that this phenomena occurred after switching to new tyres but it is not the case your tires would have got damaged due to this bad bushing effect.They will wear fast.
    Secondly if you need to check whether it is due to suspension. Just run a hand over your old tires you will feel the craters and could see the tread in a rising pattern. The tires will have uneven wear
  5. Dhileepan Karthi

Dhileepan Karthi Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks a lot for your input guys.

I have given back the car to KHT Fiat cafe to fix this issue. Lets see. If they are not fixing it, then the next stop will be Madhus.