1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rhythm - My Grande Punto 90 HP BNW

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Srini, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Srini / Venkat ,
    You guys will put me in shame ... I have hardly covered 10.5K . Looks like i should travel more on weekends to catch up with you guys ...

Venkat , I am planning to take my car on saturday to car care since i am having some other plans on sunday .. Anyhow will update you if there is a change in plan ..

Ajit
  2. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Correcting the disconnect - I made a typo - I completed my second service. Nearing 17 K. Now my aim is to try and catch up with you (seriously doubt) I am targeting another 5 in the next 3 months so as to complete 21-22 K in one year. Currently in the 8 months of ownership.

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

Correcting the disconnect - I made a typo - I completed my second service. Nearing 17 K. Now my aim is to try and catch up with you (seriously doubt) I am targeting another 5 in the next 3 months so as to complete 21-22 K in one year. Currently in the 8 months of ownership.

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

Thanks Girish. I am into my 8th month of ownership now. The KMS were roughly done in 6 months - as I have not driven out for the last one month and in the middle (Jan - Feb) Period I did not drive any where. Those months put together my GP clocked only 1200 KMS.

I was driving with my 75 yr old Mom who always peeps into the speedometer during my drive from the passenger seat. She knew that I clocked 175 for a few kms (say 5 kms at a stretch) when I duelled with a verna. She never felt the speed / fear would be the right feedback.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Today - changed the head lamps to 100 / 90 - Osram Bilux H4 - Off Road. Relay is Minda. Bulb Holders were not changed.. Seems to be bright in the day light even. Also, could feel the extra amount of heat getting generated. For sure expecting much brighter light in the night and not sure about any possible issues it could create. Need to stock a set of spare bulbs. Overall cost came to Rs.750 /- Relay and wiring harness costing Rs.530 and 220 goes to the bulbs. Fitting free.. Will post the results..

A big thanks to Vignesh for the advice he gave. Any one with the same setup - plz post their experience.
  4. I am using almost a similar setup which I got installed 10 days back,And the outcome is awesome(even if the headlights black out and I have to throw them after 2 years,its worth it,and cheaper than HID which I dont like much).Btw I am using Phillips relay+phillips rally 100/90.
    My friend used Osram 100/90 in his i20,but I feel my philips had more brighter light throw than osrams..
  5. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Thanks arnab - Yeah, I also wanted to go for Philips - which i can still buy as stock bulbs, but they emit a light white light as well and not completely yellow. I was scouting for Hella..
  6. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    I drove my car with headlamps on for 30 minutes and boy the heat generated is very high. I have noticed that the heat from head lamps earlier as well, however this is double. Do i need to revert back to original.. Some one advise..
  7. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    no need, i m also driving with rally 100/90.. yes, heat generated is very high, but it doesnt affect the HL Cluster, its of very good quality, i ve driven continuesly for whole night in a couple of occasions, no issues. switch off lights in traffic signals, blocks , etc to ease off yourself :D
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
    1 person likes this.