1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rhythm - My Grande Punto 90 HP BNW

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Srini, Oct 7, 2011.

1. ohhh man there lies the culprit ..

Heart breaking ..

Wrong car at the wrong place at the wrong time .. What more one can say when you have parked the car outside just for an hr :(

2. eNVe

eNVe Amatore

Its so sad to see this pic.... didnt imagine this much when we spoke :(
    please get it replaced on monday.... atleast lucky not to loose CR70 :)
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Oops. That's a nasty blow. The coconut created the spider web like cracks on the wind shield.

Fortunately, you just escaped from loosing that CR70 film on windshield.

Don't worry. Get it done thro' TASS under insurance coverage. You might need to shell out about Rs. 1,500/-
  4. Srini

Srini Regolare

Thanks for the consolation brothers. Had spoken to Windshield experts.. Replacing it tomorrow through Insurance. Shelling out of pocket would be between 1050 - 1500. Will keep you posted. Thanks a lot venkat for all the information you provided. It was helpful.
  5. eNVe

eNVe Amatore

Anytime bro :)
  6. Srini

Srini Regolare

Posting after a very very long time.. Busy driving / enjoying my Rhythm all these days.. :D

Completed 16000 KMS inspite of my daily commutation to office is only 15 KMS to & fro. Made several trips with my Rhythm in the last few months..

Trip to Bangalore - Twice
    Chennai to Manthralayam
    Chennai to Kanyakumari
    Chennai to Thirunelveli
    Chennai to Tiruvananthapuram
    Chennai to Madurai
    Chennai to Hoggenakkal
    Chennai to Talakona Water Falls in AP
    Chennai to Bandipur, Karnataka (Spotted a tigress at 10 ft during a safari ride)
    Chennai to Kabini - Karnataka
    Planned several for the near future as well..

Max Speed driven - 175
    Max Fuel efficiency - 23.3 - Hosur to Chennai
    Min Fuel efficiency - 16.5 - Chennai to Madurai - reached in 4 1/2 hrs running time. Avg speed 102.

A superb car, handled all situations, no niggles other than some rattling which settled over a period of time. Not sure if I am used to it now.

Kumkum applied in the vehicle during the first pooja. Felt very sad. Now faded to a great extent.
    Coconut falling over windshield during the initial months - replaced with insurance. Future Generali did a wonderful job.
    Scratches made by some miscreants / kids on both sides, particularly the lines running all along in the passenger side.
    One big dash with the rear bumper (made some dent) in one particular trip to a temple near (nava tirupathi) tirunelveli. Hit the bottom of a big piller which was protruding much. Did not notice. Planning to install a reverse camera shortly
    A public transport smashed my right hand mirror and made some scratches in the fender / door ) small though during trip to madurai. Collected money from him for the repairs, a rare feat though. Repaired in Concorde Injambakkam. Good job done

Completed third service. See details in a separate post. 80% satisfied

Future Plans
    To give a good wax coat to her in next week
    Plan for trips.. :rolleyes:
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
    2 people like this.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Drive, Drive and Drive. Oh Man. You are seriously competing with me now.
    How many Kms. you have done till now in your Punto? I am asking because, you told you have completed 16,000 kms and you are also telling that you completed third service. There is a disconnect here :D.

BTW, I have completed 26,000 kms in my Linea. Two more months to complete an year of ownership :).
    1 person likes this.
  8. Srini , not suprised to see that u r travelling a lot .

But a little disappointed that the list dont hav a trip to yelagiri :)

BTW where is your 2nd service report ? and where u did that ?

Soon I hav to take my cuty for the 2nd service ..

Also it will be good to remember that even though it is built like a tank , we should not ignore the pillars and transport busus .. :D

9. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Oh man, you are on a driving spree. How much time did it take to clock 16K kms?
    How did the car behave at 175 kmph? I am sure it would have been rock solid; but would like to know your feedback.

I am also planning a Mumbai - Chennai and a Mumbai- Hyderabad trip in my GP sometime this year; need to convince my better half and my Mom as they get put down by the sheer thought of travelling for a day in a car.

I am sure I will convince them and make this happen :)

Keep clocking up the miles; happy and safe motoring !
  10. eNVe

eNVe Amatore

Awesome Srini, feeling jealous to see the no. of trips... am planning to have a wax/foam wash this Sunday in car cares OMR, care to join? give me a call or PM.
    Btw, i have completed 16500 KMS too...