1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rhythm - My Grande Punto 90 HP BNW

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Srini, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Thanks for the info Shashank..Will try it and let you know..
  2. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    No, Mine is manufactured by May 2011, it is still bad.

-Gopi
  3. anoop

anoop Superiore

@srini - to clean the stain, try a cleaner polish or paint clear - make sure you do not use heavy cutting compounds, use only medium cut stuff.
  4. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Today i upgraded my speakers and installed sunfilms for all 5 doors from Radio Ware House - anna nagar. The following were done

Component Speakers for front - DB6501 6.5 inch - Polk Audio - Cost 8750/-
    Co-axial Speakers for rear - R152 5.25 inch - Rockford Fosgate - Cost 3250/-
    3M Sunfilms for all doors - CS 20 - Heat Rejection around 60% -Cost 4300/- Warranty 3 years
    Spacers for mounting speakers - Cost 500/-
    Discount - Rs.1800/-
    Installation Free

The sound got better to a greater extent. Did not want to go for an amplifier and the head unit has got limited capabilities. It is very basic model. Even though the speakers are good; HU does not have enough juice to drive the speakers. The voice detailing is very good; however my brothers's FIGO thumps this in bass effects.

Still Pending -

Windscreen sunfilm
    Rear Sensors
    Vinyls for body and hood

The OEM speakers available in the car are crap to the core. Let us advise FIAT not to install them at all. It is in a way better.
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  5. Srini , Inspired by you , following your foot steps ... I too booked my car from the same showroom .. Tho I have ordered for a red color .. As you mentioned on your post talked to Raman /Rajesh . No big promises from them .So I too liked them . By the way did you got the seat cover from the showroom ? saw a black seat cover with red stitching (immitation leather ) and thot it will look good on red car .. Cost ~ 6500 + labour charge .. Or any good suggestion ?
  6. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi Srini,

I will be in Chennai by end of this month. Can we meet up? Other members in Chennai can also join.

Cheers,
    Girish
  7. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Sure - I am game.. PM me your digits and let me know your plans..
  8. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Ok actually wanted to open the thread again today to tell everyone that I have orderded my seat covers at last and booked a CR70 as well for windshield. To the contrary, I am updating a SAD incident. Not sure how to describe the experience..

Today went out and placed the order for Windshield Film and Seat Covers. Got a good bargain and is very happy about the deal.

Returned home and parked the car at the gate as my wife wanted to go out. Went out after an hour and saw the below to my horror.. A big coconut from neighbourhood house has fallen in the windshield and below the damage..

DSCN3443.jpg DSCN3444.jpg DSCN3445.jpg

Immediately rang up / Sms'ed eNVe and spoke to him regarding placing the order for a new windshield. One consolation in the entire episode is that my CR70 escaped the damage as it is about to be installed only on Monday..

Sorry Venkat for the chat at odd hours.. and thanks for the courtesy extended..
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Very sad to see this. Inquire with the dealer to cover this in Insurance.
  10. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    ya. I am planning to cover this in insurane as venkat has done..