1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rhythm - My Grande Punto 90 HP BNW

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Srini, Oct 7, 2011.

1. bak

bak Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    I too had the same problem, it vanished with time.
  2. Srini

Srini Regolare

is it so. Mine, the folks are telling that has gone deep inside the paint. it is like an orange blot. if it vanishes great; nothing could make me more happier..
  3. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi Srini,

Many congratulations on the new addition to your family, and welcome to the 90 HP family :)
    Wishing you years of happy mile crunching in your mini Maseratti! You are definitely going to fall in luv with it's terrific ride and handling.
    I do feel a bit for your good old Palio; hope it gets a good owner soon. For how many years it was with you? How was it's ride and handling compared to the Punto? I have also heard that it is a bit more spacious, especially at the rear than GP, is this true?

The Palio was one of my all time favourites, esp the diesel one with a 1.9 litre engine under the hood...should have been a real beast!
  4. Srini

Srini Regolare

Thanks Girish. Palio is my first car and i fall in love with it in the first sight. My friend bought a second hand palio when he was in pune and he brought it to chennai when he relocated. I decided on my first ride on that car that i am going to buy one and bought a palio within the next month. I bought a second hand car and worked on it diligently to bring it to pritine shape by spending around a lakh. It taught me everything i know about cars. The car was with me for 3 yrs +. Comparing palio with punto, still iam a palio man and i long for the low bucket seats. The rear room in palio is much better than punto. My mother even talked about this today when we went for a long trip. However, punto scores in the luxury segment by providing better thigh support and luxurious back seat. Regarding the diesel, if you notice the second hand markets, you will find it very hard to lay your hand in palio diesel. No owner in his sane will sell that. Even I sold my palio due to increase in petrol cost. It was giving only 10 KMS per litre in city with full A/c and i am fine with that as any other modern petrol vehicle (except i10 and jazz) does not give more than 12-13 in city.
  5. Srini

Srini Regolare

Updates - Day 4 & 5

Went for the first long / highway drive to kanchipuram some 80 kms from Chennai with the entire family. Rhythm was packed to its full seating capacity. Did not rev her beyond 2000 / 95 KMS. Pickup is slow in signals and traffic and after breaking. Highway handling was terriffic. Average mileage returned was around 16 - 17 kms. Ground clearance and suspension were excellent. A/c is super cool most of times but once where the heat was touching around 39* C. Completed 400 Kms. During the drive found that i have not choosen the correct seating height. Had some trouble. Need to sit - adjust the seat height and travel to suit my height and visibility. The only challenge with Punto is its visibility. After driving an 800 and Figo for few days, my eyes were yearning for that visibility. Overall a very satisfying trip. Evening planned for purchase the accessories to adorn my rhythm...
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Hay Srini thats great. Once you find the correct sitting position you will feel great.

What accessories you are planning to purchase for Rhythm.
  7. eNVe

eNVe Amatore

Gr8 to hear... will call you today sometime...
  8. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Good to hear about your good trip Srini. Keep us posted about the accessories that you are eying for your beauty.
  9. Srini

Srini Regolare

I am planning to go for the following

3M Films - Windshield and all doors. CR 70 for front & rear & CR 50 for windows.
    Roots horn
    Speaker upgrade. Components for front & Co-axials for rear
    Rear Spoiler & Chrome Exhaust
    Blind spot mirrors
    side skirts if available in chrome like the one linea has
    Floor Lights and if possible for DLR's

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

I am finding the pulling in first and second gears to be extremely slow when starting. Since I was driving a Petrol earlier I am feeling this much. Is it fine? The engine picks up only after it crosses 1500+ rpm, Advise.
  10. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

just try com-cut on it. you can buy it online from www.com-paint.com for 40 INR
    it is a soft rubbing compound and not too harsh like other rubbing compounds on paint. stains will go easily, same thing happened with my dad's ANHC.
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2011