1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rhythm - My Grande Punto 90 HP BNW

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Srini, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Finally laid my hands on my latest child - 90 BHP BNW GP today from Concorde Motors. Was excited from the morning. Completed all the formalities and revved the car from Concorde Motors - Chennai.

Initial Review

Excited to have this beauty in hand. However, went to the yard and patted my old Palio 1.2 which I exchanged with the dealer. I really miss her.

Did a complete PDI and found that the left passenger door latch is a bit stiff. The fuse compartment closure below the steering column is a bit wobbling and the bonnet alignment with the left head lamps is a bit un even. Dealer promised to rectify them. Cleaning and polishing is not spot on. They are finding difficult to get the guys to work as today is a Vijaya Dasami and there are a lot of people waiting to take the cars for delivery. Today the dealer delivered 4 FIAT cars and 25 other TATA vehicles. Overall a decent experience with the dealer as they kept their commitments. The sales manager Raman and the Rajesh who explained me about the vehicle are very courteous and I liked them a lot. I would anytime recommend Concorde Velachery showroom for buying any Fiat Vehicles.

The entire family got into the vehicle amid clapping and (the dealer line up their employees who clap and wave a flage as if a GP race) flag waving. (we were quite surprised and it looked great - did not have such a kind of treatment when we took Figo delivery some 3 months back for my brother) I moved my GP very slowly to the exit (They also took a photograph of handing over of car; printed it in a photo printer and presented it to us) ramp and into the traffic. Was very cautious in driving as I have not adjusted the the view and the clutch which travels long. Went to the nearby bunk and filled diesel with the coupen provided and move my GP into thick evening traffic of Chennai.

Got hold of the vehicle after some time and my GP ran like a beauty. The AC is chilling and everyone begged to reduce it. I had concerns regarding the a/c cooling in GP which vanished now. The car swallowed small pot holes and no one felt the same inside. My mother was appreciating the seat fabric and the support it provided and its cosyness. She was comparing it to Figo. The cabin noise is very reduced and everyone were comparing GP with Figo. Speakers are not upto the mark I have to change them. Suddenly my wife suggested that we can name the Car as RHYTHM which I gleefuly accepted.

Went to the local Vinayak temple and performed the pooja eloborately. People were eyeing the car parked in front of the temple and one person enquired about it as well. Once pooja is completed drove the Car to my house and fiddled with the controls for some time. Immersed myself in the manuals eventhough i know most of the controld and features in the car.

Sure i will be dreaming about my GP today. More real exploits to continue from tomorrow... Will keep all posted.. Wish me luck.. Rhythim pictures 003.jpg Rhythim pictures 007.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Many congrats on your RHYTHM Srini!! All the best for your planned exploits :):)
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Vanakkam.
    Heart congratulations.
    Take the car to VST for service,bad opinions here about Concorde
  4. FiatJay

FiatJay

Chennai
    Hearty Congrats. Have a joyful travel with rythem

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
  5. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congratulations my friend welcome to the fiat family
  6. Congratulations, please take care of her in the run in period, mine lasted for 15 kKms
  7. anoop

anoop Superiore

Congratz on the beauty. Nice name too :)
  8. bak

bak Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congratulations on the beauty, happy motoring.
  9. eNVe

eNVe Amatore

Many congrats... have a safe unlimited joy and miles...
    Which month the care was manfucatured? i thought the new cars manufactured after Feb 2011 has good sound system.
  10. Welcome to the Mighty 90 club. Happy Puntoing.