1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Review - Wolfmoto Switchable Remaps: A remap that can change your life

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by Italia-Linea, Oct 16, 2013.

1. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    ^^ IIRC, the MJD cannot be revved to 5k RPM.
  2. amitp

amitp Amatore

Pune, Maharashtra
    Injector cut off is beyond 5600 rpm! Every time injector cut off happens, it is logged. MJD definitely goes beyond 5k rpm.

-Amit
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Even if the MJD cannot be revved to 5K rpm, stock, it would just be a matter of changing the rev limiter settings.

I think a better option would be to use the next track / previous track buttons on the steering wheel to enable map switching on the fly. When switching the map, you will also switch to the next track / radio station, so don't do it when playing your favourite song :D. Of course, this option would be possible only for variants equipped with steering mounted controls. But the million dollar question is, how to make the ECU listen to a command meant for another module on the CAN?

Rajan
  4. linuxmanju

linuxmanju

Bangalore
    Re: A remap that can change your life, Wolfmoto Switchable Remaps

That's the idea, shift that auto map changing to 5ks , so that its manual only.
  5. devansn

devansn Novizio

Coimbatore
    This looks interesting! Thanks for posting...

By the way, I have two questions:
    - How do you change the maps? Do we have another switch for it? Or would we see another option in the Menu or something?
    - None have shared at least an approximate cost for the remap. Can someone share at least a pessimistic number?
    Racing_2012 and Cubbie like this.
  6. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Not just two... its three now. Anyone else from Chennai?
    1 person likes this.
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I wish I could, now who doesn't like extra power, but sadly my personal preference is longevity over raw power to smoke other cars on the road. :)
  8. sunilraj

sunilraj Timido

Bangalore
    Can anybody put some light on the wallet for this remap. Some approximate figures we would be anticipating to shell out.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Puntoed

Puntoed Amatore

Austin / Blr
    Every one were on their toes to get it done , but now don't see any one went ahead to get it installed n posted their review.

Looks like meeting which was supposed to happen is also not happened.

How ever the cost is approximately same as race chips which exits in market.

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    No comparison really. It's like operating a patient with a scalpel (a proper remap) or a Rampuri knife (tuning boxes). Seen that way, the box is grossly overpriced.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Just saw this post today.

The Multijet is well and truly capable of revving to 5K and I have personally done it in 3rd gear. The real deal is - After 4000/4100 the power just falls off and revving beyond it is pointless. FIAT also mentions peak power @ 4000rpm and the real world experience corresponds with that.
    3 people like this.