1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Review - Wolfmoto Switchable Remaps: A remap that can change your life

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by Italia-Linea, Oct 16, 2013.

1. There is ECU but, it's injection pressure is not controlled by ECU also Turbo boost is mechanicaly set not controlled by ECU.
    In MJD 76 bhp there is map to monitor and control Turbo and rail pressure is controlled by ECU.

If you look that way even a bike will have ECU chip, in my Vespa ignition timing and MAP sensor is controlled by ECU but fueling is by carburetor.

CRDI engines have a complete control over fuel pressure and Turbo, there are maps in ECU.

IDI engines have rudimentary control by ECU,tuner needs to play with maps controlling fuel/torque/boost,which are eletro mechanical at the best.

Even older IDI engines have ECM but not the diagnostics what Indica has. I mean check engine light.
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
    2 people like this.
  2. linuxmanju

linuxmanju

Bangalore
    You will get close to no benefit from a remap on a NA ( Non turbocharged ) engines. There are better ways to get most out of a NA engine than remapping the same.
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  3. rishi, try using iridium spark plus to start with and slowly think of other mods.btw, Tjet uses Iridium plugs from factory.
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  4. autowierdo

autowierdo Amatore

Pune
    First of all congrats to all wolf pack members and italia-linea for bringing up this exhaustive, well elaborted write up.

Since you mentioned the initial pickup has improved (1st and 2nd gear) so it means that engines are running on rich fuel mixture so which will impact mileage? Correct me if my understanding is valid.

Also will this remapping have any impact on warranty?
  5. amitp

amitp Amatore

Pune, Maharashtra
    That would be me. If you look at the photo on page 4, I am the first person from the left.

Here are my thoughts on the remap.
    - It is definitely worth getting it! No second thoughts or two ways about it!
    - Economy map seems the best for highway ambling only, it feels weak within the city especially at low rpms (considering driveability)
    - City map is the one I prefer for daily usage in bumper to bumper traffic. Note that it feels marginally weaker as the revs climb (especially in fourth & fifth gear) but that is not needed in bumper to bumper traffic. I realized this on the highway!
    - City Highway is the most balanced map with very good delivery across the rev range & no restrictions on WOT as per the tuner (but if you have a very heavy right foot, then it will end up switching to the High Power map even on the top gear, when the preset rev limit for the on-the-fly switch is crossed)
    - High Power map is best defined by one word in my opinion which is "Revenge". It makes the car surprisingly quick if you keep it in the proper rev range.

A Polo Tsi (with the hyped turbo petrol & 7 speed DQ200 DSG which had recalls across almost half the world) was being pushed hard by a young chap on the NH4 the other day on a cold night. He watched helplessly in disbelief as a humble Punto went right past his 'supposedly hottest' hatch. The High Power map makes the car go so fast that it just takes one spirited highway drive & the brakes start to seem inadequate.

Totally satisfied with the job done by WolfMoto! Sincerely thankful to moderator Italia-Linea. FE seems to be increased which is helping to recover the remap costs.

- Amit
  6. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Imagine I'm cruising along on a highway in economy mode. A large vehicle is blocking my lane and I drop a gear to overtake it, in the process revving past the 4100 rpm mark. As I understand, the fly-by switch automatically puts the car into performance mode. After I pass the vehicle and slow down again, will the ECU return to the originally intended economy setting automatically? If not, won't it be cumbersome if each time I accidentally rev hard I have to manually revert back to the previous mode?
    Tornado likes this.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Just got a call from WolfMoto. The team will be here this weekend - Saturday morning to Sunday evening. Venue not decided yet. Will post the venue as soon as it is finalized. Those who are interested, please plan accordingly, so we can meet them as a group, if possible.

Please add your names to this list, so we know how many will make it:

1. Patchyboy - Saturday or Sunday

Rajan
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: A remap that can change your life, Wolfmoto Switchable Remaps

1. Patchyboy
    2. DRIV3R (Tentative)

Also it would be nice to include if we are opting for Saturday or Sunday.
  9. pradeepg245

pradeepg245 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Sorry for going OT.
    Pls suggest what all other Mods can be done to a Petrol Punto. How much does a iridium sparkplug cost. I sometimes feel like driving a bullock cart :( with full load.
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  10. Iridium plugs will make your wallet lighter by Rs 2500/-