1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Review - Wolfmoto Switchable Remaps: A remap that can change your life

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by Italia-Linea, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Does EGR deletion is mandatory, for remapping? Or it is one extra option, which can or can't be used?
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    it seems like turbo lag have comepletely gone ? Normally we see the tubrbo kick in @1800 rpm ,so what are the new figures for turbo kick-in.
  3. Please keep an eye on throttle while going on long drives, when my friend drives my car. I am little scared as he has tendency to hold on WOT for longer durations.Mine is very aggressive map after 2400 RPM.
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Its not mandatory at all. You can keep it as stock or reduce the EGR duty too. Its all upto you.

There is no remap in world that can reduce the lag totally. Turbo is a mechanical part, has some intertia and there is certain amount of gases required to spool the turbo to enable it to create boost.
    'The thing is car builds up speed quickly and so turbo spools quickly and you dont feel the lag much.

Yes in the 5th map, i.e most powerful map the tuner has adviced not to hold WOT for more than 30-40 seconds. Till 4th map all is safe. But anyways diesels dont like rich mixtures. Its always better to take the foot off the accelerator in between.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    What is WOT ?
  6. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: A remap that can change your life, Wolfmoto Switchable Remaps

Wide Open Throttle. :D
    2 people like this.
  7. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Mind tagging the wolfs :)the happiest lot
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Very soon we will require better brakes now. Will get the performance brake discs manufactured for us :evilsmile
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Thats Mr. Pinge Amit Pinge. Now he is flying in that 90HP after remap. Aren't you Amit? :up
    1 person likes this.
  10. amazing

amazing

PUNE
    Thats a fantastic set of news Italia -Linea. Loved the write up and the experience.

I have a small question for you if you can kindly clarify .
    Before I do the ECU mapping in my Linea MJD, I want to do that in my Tata Indica Turbo DLX car. Its having everythig in stock state as of now, 5 years old, 50K run.

wanted to know if these ECU remaps are exclusively for Fiat Diesels or can be done on other make Turbo Diesel cars. I called their cell nos, but none were responded today.
    waiting for TFI experts views.