1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Review - Wolfmoto Switchable Remaps: A remap that can change your life

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by Italia-Linea, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Sachin patel

Sachin patel Amatore

Vadodara
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Actually i am like to drive on map 2 or 3 . Map 3 is giving more mileage compared to map 1 . I am getting more fun to drive with fuel economy in map 3 . Map 2 is good for city driving. Have not tried 4 yet.
    Regarding map 1 that is absolutely useless for highway it is good compared to stock giving decent power also but too low mileage like 15 to 17 kmpl where map 2 is about 20 and map 3 with 22 and more.in map 1 if we left accretion in running vehicle mid for immediate consumption shows 30-35 kmpl where stock and all other map shows 50 as a standard. I need to discuss this thing with rajiv also.
    Mine is used on highway majorly and i can say i am happy with remap decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kishorekrs likes this.
  2. limraj

limraj Esperto

Trivandrum / Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I am told that it is a silent update. You wont get a call from FASS.

kishorekrs likes this.
  3. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Yup I got it. What I meant was the SA is a very close friend of mine. Usually something like this I get updates. In this case it is strange that I didn't receive anything. Nevertheless I'll drop in myself and check once personally.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 10, 2017 ---
    Great to hear my friend and thanks for sharing the info. I hope you are having great time behind the wheels now ;)

By the way what is the service schedule you are going to follow now? Does it remains same or a little early than the prescribed 15k kms?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  4. Sachin patel

Sachin patel Amatore

Vadodara
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I follow 10k - 12k before and after mapping just because oil is not providing smoothness to engine after that but that's absolutely not compulsory to change service intervals if we don't go for race every day.

5. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    The emission update was released last July 2016, it is available for only 90hp(punto,linea& avventura). Also it is for selected VIN's. The first update I had received was on july 2015, which resolved the third gear jerrking and improved the low end very much. But was solely missing the turbo kick, the power delivery had become very linear, also the top end was very good. Top speed attained after first update was 185+kmph on each long distance highway drives.

But after the 2016 update the top end reduced to max 175kmph and also I had a kind of missing feel between 1500-2000RPM( which was resolved after the 30000km service). I was in a state of "I should not have done the update" and was planning to revert to the earlier map, but the turbo kick kept me in sticking on to the map.

On the positive side, pickup improved and turbo kick is now very prominent(I like the turbo spooling feel very much after the emission update), only con is top end is reduced( have not done highway trip to check the top end after the 30000km service to check if it was some issue with the filter or something because the jerking(missing kind of feel between 1500-2000rpm) has been resolved.). With the current emission map I'm able to smoke all creta's, I20's, verna,swift, Ciaz,Honda City 2016 both pertrol and diesels on highways( tried with multiple drivers on the above said cars). I have not driven a wolf remapped car, whenever I take out the car I feel like is a remap really required. If my car had not received any updates after the purchase, I would have definitely done the remap, because power was the only thing I had compromised during my Linea purchase compared to Rapid.

A test drive of a remapped car may change my feel.

6. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I presume that the update is limited to 90ps punto and linea. The 76ps has hardly got any update on remapping. I wonder the emission norms are safe in it or any other genuine reasons for not getting I doubt at it!!

@Sachin patel 10-12k service interval is what I'm hearing majorly. There are some 15-20% who have opted or rather stuck to 15k schedule & rest are the one visiting the centre with early mileage.

7. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    My car still has this issue. Any idea how they resolved it for you?

8. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Nothing special was done, all filters were changed along with engine oil and it was resolved, I thought it was my diesel filter which was causing the issue. Since you are also facing the same I'm not sure what was the real culprit for the issue. Drove around 100+ km after the service and it looks like it is gone.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

carl_jhonson likes this.
  9. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

That switch on the fly can be set at any rpm you want. Just request that to Rajiv and he will do it for you on his next visit. I always have had that switch on 4800 rpm ever since he did remap my Punto back in 2012 or 2013 don't remember exactly. Even on my Linea it is set on 4800 rpm since 2 yrs.

Cheers...

Neel

linea4me likes this.
  10. Barani

Barani Amatore

SG / Coimbatore
    Linea T-Jet
    :happy:Sharing my experience on wolf remap for my TJET.

Map 0 - factory map. Good and nothing to complain when driven at crusing speeds with couple of person on board.

Map 1 - linear map if you want to call it and it's helps in low rpm and reduces frequent down shift within city drive.
    Mild turbo whin (turbo boost) can be heard.

Map 2 - further step in turbo boost and turbo whin gets sporty and clearly audible. It gives ample torque for small family like 2 or 3 person and overtaking in highway is bliss.I was able to cruse at 90 to 100 kmpl with just a tap and best FE 17.5 kmpl (30% AC ON).I also did occasional burst to overtake few vehicles in a row.

MAP 3- As stated by many this is the powerful of all. Yes I too agree. I had to travel with 5.5 (small kid) in linea with decent boot luggage of 40 kg for about 300 kms.

I started in MAP2 and ran for about 100+ km.but during this run. I had to downshift to either 4th or 3rd gear for occasional quick (I mean it quick fire) overtake which was taxing me a lot .

So decided to give a try for MAP 3.
    This is really one good MAP which transformed TJET into power hungry beast.
    Turbo whin audible cleanly. Car just started to pull like a truck but with the characteristic high reving petrol engine. It is a deadly combination as far as my opinion.

Acceleration is so brutal I was able to cruse at decent high speeds without any downshift at all even if I had to slow down. That is the best part of this MAP.

I just switched off AC to listen the whine and in the process noticed mileage was 15.1 KMPL for remaining 200+ KMPL.

It was really good to feel the potential of the engine.

And NOW... with such great power and performance comes with even more to be responsible driver.

TJET is such a gem of engine and just cannot stop thinking about compass If it comes with multi air turbo and with specs like abarth,bravo and EU spec punto.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    carl_jhonson and Turbothinghy like this.