1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Review - Wolfmoto Switchable Remaps: A remap that can change your life

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by Italia-Linea, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Yogesh Agarwal

Yogesh Agarwal Timido

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks buddy!! So driving at higher RPM drinks more fuel?
  2. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Definitely yes, however the intention of Turbothingy was not to point out fuel efficiency, but in regards to mechanical empathy in the initial days of a new car.

@Yogesh Agarwal, we request you to check for appropriate threads to post questions / queries for any subsequent posts. This thread is specifically to discuss Wolf remaps. Thank you.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  3. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Yogesh Agarwal , yes driving at higher RPMs in lower gears & vice versa (lugging engine) will result in more fuel consumption. Also this woul put unnecessary strain on engine. For optimum mileage you should drive @ optimum RPMs. Try to upshift between 2k - 2.2k for better mileage.
  4. lakshminandan

lakshminandan Amatore

North Lakhimpur
    assam
    Linea 1.3
    A query to wolf remapped guys-At what interval do you change the oil after remap?I have driven about 9k Km after remap and oil change.And my next servicing is due after 6k Km. should I change the oil or wait for servicing?
    Thanks.
  5. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It is recommended to be done at 7.5K so that you still follow have a service at every 15K km per Fiat india. However recently came to know of someone who has had Wolf remap since last 70+k km and has followed the 15K km interval without any issues so far
    KPR and lakshminandan like this.
  6. ops

ops Amatore

Kathmandu
    Nepal
    Punto Abarth
    Will wolfmoto team visit Nepal? I will be happy to re-map my linea MJD.
  7. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    You may explore the option of sending ECU to them. Some people have done it. Check with Wolf directly.
    Them reaching Nepal would be very costly for them, for the distance.

Turbothinghy likes this.
  8. lakshminandan

lakshminandan Amatore

North Lakhimpur
    assam
    Linea 1.3
    I am one of them. It was difficult for wolf to come to Assam to remap my car due to long distance and less interested people. So they gave me the idea to send the ECU by courier. At first I was a bit reluctant but the wolf bug had already bitten me. So I decided to take the plunge. Now I am happily driving my reborn Linea.
    kunwar.g, carl_jhonson and Ganges like this.
  9. ops

ops Amatore

Kathmandu
    Nepal
    Punto Abarth
    Thanks. Will try to explore that option.