1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Review - Wolfmoto Switchable Remaps: A remap that can change your life

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by Italia-Linea, Oct 16, 2013.

1. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    @lakshminandan : as @Deepak suggested, it should be with the EGR. It is better to get the EGR cleaned after 40k due to the adulterated fuels available. Else it can be done for 60k. Also try to switch the fuel from Reliance. The engine is quite responsive and silent(mjd).

Do update after EGR cleaning is done.
    lakshminandan and PradeepM like this.
  2. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The turbo is from TEL. You can get refurbished one or a new one for 14k and 34k respectively. The same part costs way more with Fiat.
  3. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @nkrishnap : thanks. do you have the link for TEL turbo. please share if you have.
  4. lakshminandan

lakshminandan Amatore

North Lakhimpur
    assam
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions and advice.I had complained to FASS for possible turbo/hose damage.They told me that they had checked and found that both are OK.But I noticed that they just made a visual inspection and came to the conclusion.Yesterday I made a trip of around 80 KM to my home and the car is pulling naturally at map 4. This power loss happens very rarely.As there is no reliance fuel station here, I normally use BPCL diesel.Regarding EGR, they told me that it will be cleaned only at 55-60 K. Currently my odo is at 32K.Did the wolf guys disable EGR during remap of some of our members?Could it be due to faulty accelerator pedal sensor?Because during this occurrence, the acc. pedal feels hard to press than normal.Lot of things are going through my mind.The car is definitely faster now. Only I hope that it remains safe from these breakdowns and I continue to enjoy it.
  5. Yogesh Agarwal

Yogesh Agarwal Timido

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi all.

Sorry if my question is not related to this thread. Recently got punto evo 1.3 93 HP (D) Version car (aug 04). I went to a hill station (ooty).

I noticed that with AC On, Car cries to climb (doesnt climbs unless i make engine cry 3k RPM>). Same for 2nd gear. If i turn off AC, it goes bit better. Also on flat roads, for overtaking 1st and 2nd gear isnt very helpful. It goes good only in 3rd-4th gear. Is it expected?

I am used to drive palio stile slx 1.1 petrol car. I never had this kind of feeling in my petrol car.

If I retune it (quantum tuning), will it be good? or does it really require retune? is code6 good for that? Please advice.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2016
  6. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Yogesh Agarwal : Bro, chill and dont worry too much about this. Its just that you havent got used to the MJD behaviour. The first 2 gear ratios are short, so you will have to learn/understand at what RPMs you should upshift. 2nd gear has a lot of power and it can be used very well with the 3rd gear in ghats. Regarding the performance with AC, I also used to feel the difference in the power, with and without AC, but I feel that the difference has got bridged as I have piled on more kms.

On the ghats you need to be above 2k RPM, period, so that you maintain the required momentum. At times when you are at a halt on a slope, and start moving up from where without any momentum, the 1st gear wouldnt make progress and you will have to upshift at around 3k RPM, so that you are at >=2K RPMs.

You just need to get used to the engine behaviour, coupled with the clutch and gears. All your problems would be sorted. So drive more and as the engine would open up the engine would become a lot smoother and free-revving.

PS: I drive Punto Evo 90 HP Sports.
    PradeepM likes this.
  7. Yogesh Agarwal

Yogesh Agarwal Timido

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks a lot! Above 2.5-3k, Engine makes a lot of noise, is it common?
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2016
  8. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
  9. Yogesh Agarwal

Yogesh Agarwal Timido

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2016
  10. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Yogesh Agarwal : That throaty note would get addictive as you would drive her more, thats Italian tuning, my friend. FYI, the MJD is one the best sounding diesels in its class, so enjoy and dont worry driving at higher RPMs. Having said that, for the inital period, try to restrict yourself to 3k RPMs.