1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Review - Wolfmoto Switchable Remaps: A remap that can change your life

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by Italia-Linea, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Sachin patel

Sachin patel Amatore

Vadodara
    Vadodara
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Great and thanks again. Now waiting for 15k mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2016
  2. satishchour

satishchour Timido

Bangalore
    If you're not worried about the Warranty lapse, then I don't see why you should be waiting for 15k mark. The sooner you get it done, the better you'll enjoy your everyday commute :)
    --- Double Post Merged, May 19, 2016, Original Post Date: May 19, 2016 ---
    Ganges, I did notice a lot of smoke when accelerating hard in 3rd or 4th gear. But, to be honest, I have never noticed how much the smoke level is when in Stock mode. May be when I get a chance I will do that in Stock mode and check.
    Ganges likes this.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @satishchour
    i think that's normal in stock too.Atleast when i used tuning box experienced smoke on heavy foot.
    As you can see in this thread the details of 90hp is detailed especially and not 75hp about fuel rail pressure and boost pressure.

Do you have these below readings?,if not can you please enquire with wolfmoto:-

Stock
    Max.fuel rail pressure
    Max.boost pressure

After remap
    Max.fuel rail pressure
    Max.boost pressure
  4. lakshminandan

lakshminandan Amatore

North Lakhimpur
    assam
    Linea 1.3
    After months of research and uncertainty, finally decided to take the plunge. In my case I had to courier my ECU to WOLF,they remapped and sent it back to me. I have been driving my remapped MJD since 2.5 months and I can say, my smiles have become wider:D.The drivability has improved a lot in the lower rpms and in the highways gone are the days when overtaking was such a pain. For the first 2 months, I had mostly stuck to map 3,sometimes map 4 as suggested by most of the members here. The car felt very light to drive like a petrol car and along with the extra torque, the fun to drive quotient had increased considerably. However a strange thing happened last july when I was travelling to Shillong.When I was driving through one of the ups suddenly the car lost power and the responsiveness was gone.It felt that it would take forever to reach 2000 rpm:wtf:. I halted the car and shut down the engine for 20 minutes.After that it behaved normal again.Since then this thing happened 3 or 4 times, once when it was being test driven in the hills by a friend who own a Honda City:banghead:.It was a big let down. I asked to check the MAF sensor and turbo hoses during 3rd servicing and I was told everything was OK. I have now switched to map 2 since a couple of weeks.Actually I am liking this map more than the other maps and also this loss of power thing has not happened since then(touchwood). Actually a bit confused which map to select. Perhaps I am expecting more:confused:. However I drove one of my friend's linea MJD yesterday. It felt very sluggish than my car though before remap I felt his car was faster than me. Apart from this I am enjoying my newly born ride to the fullest:happy:.
    Thanks
    PradeepM likes this.
  5. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Did you talk to the Wolf guys?
  6. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @lakshminandan, potential early stages of turbo failure. I know someone who had faced similar issue and eventually one fine day the turbo conked off.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  7. lakshminandan

lakshminandan Amatore

North Lakhimpur
    assam
    Linea 1.3
    Yes I consulted with Rajiv.He told that turbo hoses are the weak link of many MJDs. He asked me to check for any crack/leak in them which the technician at FASS couldn't find any. It mostly happens when I try to accelerate hard or drive in a hurry. Otherwise the car seems to be fine.And when this happens, I am not sure, but I feel that the stock map works ok.

@PradeepM It would be very disappointing if it happens with me also. I am following all the turbo rules. How much was the cost for replacement of the turbo of your friend?
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2016
  8. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @lakshminandan : IMO this sudden loss of power has nothing to do with remap. There were incidents many older 90hp MJDs reported the same. In most cases its found to be EGR. Do google search on 'sudden loss of power in punto/linea'
  9. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    I will check if I can get the details. However Deepak has put across a valid point on the EGR, please have that checked too, unless it was soft deleted during the remap.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  10. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    lakshminandan and PradeepM like this.