1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Review - Wolfmoto Switchable Remaps: A remap that can change your life

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by Italia-Linea, Oct 16, 2013.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @N Kiran,
    A quick question; any idea if the stock Fiat map updated one can be flashed to older, say 2010 Lineas ?
    Also can Fiat update this at FASC or have they offered it as part of any updates ever to any cases.
  2. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    @asimpleson : Mine is a 2012 June Manufactured Linea. The stock map, apart from the remaps I have now, is the one Fiat updated in the New FL 90HPs.

So, I think it should be possible. But, when our members from Hyderabad with older models have approached the FASS, they were told that it is not possible. May be they were not instructed/allowed to do this on older 90HPs by Fiat.

The ECU update was actually done to address the gear jerking issue in the 3rd, which older ones din't have.
    linea4me and PradeepM like this.
  3. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @ N Kiran, thank you for calling me to tag along and spend some time with you all and Rajeev. Iam sure you would continue to have fun with your car like always :).
    Also that feedback from Rajeev on the stock updated map from FIAT was assuring for folks like me.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    linea4me and N Kiran like this.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks,

I am thinking the older ones could use some much needed improvements for regular traffic drives not just bumper to bumper but slow moving constant gear shifting type. In which case this 'patched factory map' for new lineas could work on old Lineas? If someone can confirm that it is possible. Maybe I will ask Rajiv too. I have inputs from most new-linea users that drive is much improved for excessive city traffic conditions.

PS: the objective is the clutch really is suffering a lot in Mumbai traffics. Perfect recipe the traffics to kill the clutch. Clutch changed at 31-32k now again showing signs at about 69k kms on odo. Excessive Clutch use is inevitable.

@fernandeskaran kindly confirm the same with Rajiv on next visit if possible.
  5. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Rajiv from Wolfmoto will be in Delhi next week. Anyone interested in remap? Let me know and we can go as group for a deal
  6. avnsiva

avnsiva Amatore

Chennai
    Saw a post in another forum that there seems to be a gear based torque limiter map which is the culprit behind the sluggish performance in low speeds/rpm in india spec versions of Punto/Linea. Seems its cutting off 63 nm of torque in 2nd close to 100nm of torque in 3rd.

Does Rajiv's maps zeroed it? I mean did he removed the torque limiters from all the gears?

Its also suppose to increase the throttle sensitivity. I mean the car will react eagerly for even the slight change in the accelerator input.

@Italia-Linea @PatchyBoy please help to understand this.
  7. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The rpm limiters are not removed, however you can have Rajiv do the same for you
  8. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    With Odo crossing 59,000 kms I finally took the plunge and got the Linea Wolfed when the car was at 59,007 kms. Meet Rajiv on the 7th for the remap, spent a couple of hours discussing various things while the remap process was on. I will post a detailed update once I pile up a few more kms.

A small pic I took while the maps were being written on the ECU.

Remap.jpg
    Ravi, N Kiran, Pradeepms and 2 others like this.
  9. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Map 2, 3 & 4 Update:

Upon Rajiv's request, I have spent some time with Maps 2, 3 & 4, Tank full to Tank full. Below are my observations.

Map 2:
    This is the most peppiest map of the lot and the low end feels very eager and the pick up is linear. The torque kicks-in, right from the word go and is a boon for us Fiatians who spend majority of their drive time in city B2B traffic. I started loving this map so much, that I would continue using this in city on a regular basis. FE was more than what I get in stock.

Map 3:
    Coming from Map 2, you would definitely feel that this lacks the peppiness of it. But then, the mid range is quite strong and one can enjoy this in average traffic conditions and late night city drives. However, this one is not very far away in terms of Linear pull and torque delivery in comparison to Map 2. I heard many people use this for highways and I now know why. The mid range is so good, that you can maintain good average speeds and I also noticed a slight improvement in my city mileage by around 1kmpl for the tankful. This is in full chock-o-block traffic conditions, where I take 1 hour or more to travel 17 kms.

Map 4:
    When I got my Linea remapped, twice earlier, I was only using Map 4 as I found it to be the most suitable one for my king of driving. Even now, I find Map 4 more fun to drive with the quick revving nature, the way it transforms the so called sluggish Linea into, "Is this really a Linea?" kind of feel. The major difference from my previous maps is that it used to smoke a lot when the Turbo kicks in and upon hard acceleration. I have brought this issue to Rajiv's notice and he, like everytime did his magic and there is minimal smoke coming out, leaving me with minimal embarrassment.

I now think that my quest for a more peppier and faster maps is over. Or is it? Time will only tell, until I meet Rajiv again.

For now, I would be switching between Maps 2 & 4 for my city drives.

We have a round trip of around 1500kms to Goa planned during 23-26 Jan and after many months, my Dynamite would be unleashed on the highways.

Will share my highway experience and observations in my next post.
    Turbothinghy, KPR, ghodlur and 5 others like this.
  10. lakshmiarun

lakshmiarun Timido

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Guys,Wolfmoto will be in Chennai this Saturday and Sunday Jan 30th & 31st. Please contact 919995008977(Wolfmoto) for any queries and clarifications.
    avnsiva likes this.