1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Review - Wolfmoto Switchable Remaps: A remap that can change your life

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by Italia-Linea, Oct 16, 2013.

1. muralidharmr

muralidharmr Timido

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Confirmed.. Pls let me know the date and time .
  2. mnjnth

mnjnth Timido

Bangalore
    Got my Punto 90Hp Wolfed !!
    Met Rajiv and Hari on Saturday evening and it was a pleasure meeting them.
    The flashing took a little more than an hour, but couldn't test drive it with Rajiv, huge traffic in Horamavu, absolutely no roads to test drive on a Saturday night.
    Tried map 4 for some distance and you can feel the immediate surge in power.
    Will be trying the other maps shortly.
  3. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Welcome to wolfed Fiat Family. :up

Enjoy the Wolf's magic.

Cheers...

Neel
    kunwar.g likes this.
  4. lakshminandan

lakshminandan Amatore

North Lakhimpur
    assam
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats for unleashing the beast. It's great that more and more fiats are coming in the wolf pack. Unfortunately I am not able to remap my car when though I am too excited to have it done.:(
  5. muralidharmr

muralidharmr Timido

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Got my 75hp wolfed this Saturday…

As I was quiet excited after reading so many reviews in Tfat, ended up reaching bit earlier than the agreed time J Rajeev came down in some time and even Hari joined mean while. It was pleasure meeting them; Rajeev!!!! so humble and down to earth, never felt like have met him for the first time.

He started loading the maps which took almost an hour. As I reached pretty early in the morning Rajeev was relatively free and were discussing about cars in general, more than remap. Things were quiet clear for me, all thanks to superb reviews in the forum. Mean while map loading was done and we went for a short drive.. Couldn’t make out much difference initially though could feel some difference in the pull especially while crossing the humps. Due to heavy traffic near Horamavu area couldn’t try much.

Rajeev suggested me to try out new Map-1 which he has developed specially for 75HP FGT ….

I started noticing real difference when I drove my car to office on Monday...Traffic was quiet bad as usual in white filed area.. Noticed huge difference in drivability, same car was moving ahead effortlessly in the traffic.. Those narrow over takes which I never used to attempt had become quite easy..There was a smile on my face J Thanks to Rajeev and Wolf moto.

I am still using map-1 and yet to try other maps.. This map-1 isn’t the one people term as ‘eco map’ in the forum, a new map which has the balance of performance and efficiency... Rajeev also told that smoke would be similar to stock in this map. 75Hp owners, I definitely recommend new map-1.

Rajeev - gem of a person and of course the master mind behind all these..

Rajeev.jpg
  6. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Good to hear that..... Enjoyyyy
    How much u paid, can we know...
  7. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Time for an update of Map1. As soon as they come up north. Have got information that Wolf team might be traveling to Delhi in Dec. Interested people, let get together for the remap meet
  8. R Rajesh

R Rajesh Novizio

Salem
    salem
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    I am in Orissa at this moment next 2 months I can plan.
  9. dr.stephen

dr.stephen Amatore

cochin
    Cochin,Kerala
    Linea 1.3
    It will be really good if the after effects/ state of engine etc. of this REMAPPING are shared here.Actually we are eager to see the experiences of the customers of Wolfmoto ( who have done this and who have driven their cars for a long time.)I think the first person that tuned is about 2 years back.
  10. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Wolf Moto Remap Update:

This is the second update that I have got from Wolf Moto and is still under testing stage. However I would pen down my initial impressions and update the thread with further observations and experience.

I got my Linea MJD remapped at around 16000 kms on the ODO back in September 2014.
    The remap changed the whole character of the car and I was enjoying it everyday, particularly the 4th map.
    Have done few highway drives and I was quite happy with the car's performance.

Wolf Team again visited Hyderabad in March 2015. Was told that they have improved/refined the maps further and asked me to try them.
    I got the maps updated and then after driving for a day, what I noticed immediately was that the engine has become super silent. The growl was toned down and I some how din't like it. I met Rajiv the next day and asked for a more aggressive map and not so silent engine. He gave me a map with increased boost and growl.
    These were the best maps I came across so far. Only issue being that it smoked a lot due to increased AFR. I could see a cloud of smoke whenever I accelerated aggressively to overtake and was kind of annoying. A few fellow members also observed this and brought to my notice when we did group drives.
    I gave my feedback to Rajiv, but he was on the sea as a part of his job by then and would return only by Novemeber.
    I waited patiently for their next visit to Hyderabad.

In the mean while, many FL Linea owners from Hyderabad got a new ECU update from Fiat and were raving about how the maps have changed the drivability of the car. One of them was Dinesh, who also got the remap done from Wolf Moto earlier. Unfortunately while his ECU was updated it erased all the Wolf Moto maps that it had. He was very diasppointed but had no other option, than to wait for the Wolf team to pay a visit to Hyderabad.

December 8th, I was elated when I got a WhatsApp message from Rajiv asking me for my availability. He was travelling with his friends and wanted to update my maps and restore the maps in Dinesh's car.

He arrived on December 9th in the evening. Dinesh, JayaDev, his friend and me were there at the hotel Rajiv was staying to meet him.

First we checked Dinesh's Linea to see what has been done to the ECU that our guys were so impressed about. I took the wheel and drove for couple of kms. The drive was linear and lag was minimal. But nothing close to a remap. Later Rajiv read the maps and was quite surprised to see that Fiat has mapped it quite aggressively. But he was also impressed that they could achieve it without smoke. Infact Dinesh was saying that it is smoking way less than the initial stock map.

Rajiv quickly took the stock dump, did his magic, what he does best and loaded the new maps onto the ECU. We tested the maps again and there was day and light difference as to how the car pulled in comparision to the ECU update given by Fiat.

Then came my turn and asusual I came up with a lot of requirement. After some discussion Rajiv understood what I wanted and offered me to install the new maps that he gave to Dinesh and see if I like them. Knowing my driving style he gave a twist to the maps and I should say the short test run we had was a complete new character of the car.

I drove the car in 4th map since then and the following are my observations.
    The low end pulls without much effort and I can slowly inch forward in B2B traffic in second gear and without even touching the accelerator pedal.
    Mid range has great punch and over taking is a breeze now. Slot to a lesser gear and it takes off like anything.
    The drive is more relaxed and composed without any drama.
    The pull and power is Linear and turbo kick feels toned down.
    I miss the kick back in the seat feeling. But eventually will probably get used to it.
    And the happy part is, that there is hardly any noticable smoke now.

Rajiv asked me to check Map 2 & 3. He said many like these maps and I might feel the same.
    I will be checking these maps Tankful to Tankful in the coming days. Will keep you guys posted about my observations.

A big thanks to Rajiv in striving to give the best possible maps for my driving pleasure.