1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Review - Wolfmoto Switchable Remaps: A remap that can change your life

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by Italia-Linea, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Well thats a big debatable topic. EGR causes drop in engine performance. So the fuel which is supposed to burn more efficiently doesnt burn and this wastes fuel. To produce more fuel we pollute more :)

Also the EGR in stock mode also operates in Part throttle. Anyways EGR is closed while driving in high rpms, so most of the time the car is polluting. So i have added only 2% to it which is compensated in burning fuel more efficiently.
  2. Auto Freak

Auto Freak Amatore

Chennai
    Congratulations on the wonderful remap! Enjoy your car!

That's great!

And having managed to delete the EGR on the MJD is pretty awesome as well!
    I presume it is achieved by modifying the parameters that govern EGR supply in the ECU dataset without physically touching any component like the EGR valve etc on the engine, right?

And when you say the peak rail pressures are not exceeded, do you mean only in the full throttle and max load range, while increasing the same in the part throttle / part load area to say around 1600bar? (still under the max limit of the manufacturer where it would have earlier been much lower)

Same with the boost, has boost in the part throttle/part load area been increased to close to the manufacturer's max value while leaving the full throttle/max load area untouched?

Or if rail pressure and boost are completely not touched across the speed-load range, how does the car make more power?
    Greater injection advance? or greater energising time of the injectors to keep them open for longer?

Just being curious!
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Re: A remap that can change your life, Wolfmoto Switchable Remaps

Congrats Amit. I am now excited about the switchable maps.

I have a question. What is the max speed allowed in each map? Is that still stock or altered?
  4. sunilraj

sunilraj Timido

Bangalore
    EGR also keeps engine from overheating. Disabling the EGR doesn't it makes the engine tooo hot when on long drive.
  5. Puntoed

Puntoed Amatore

Austin / Blr
    I am interested to go for it. can we make list of interested people over there .

Italia-Linea

Could you please help us here for contact and getting a group discount fro TFI members.

or some one can help us here for interested folks.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You can directly contact them - ::WOLF Performance Tuning :: - they are aware of TFI.
    If in group, I am sure you can bargain more :).
  7. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Some Pix......

P1130524.jpg

P1130528.jpg

wolfs after remaps.......
    P1130541.jpg
  8. Italia-Linea

Pune
    Well not exactly overheating, but EGR keeps the combustion chamber temperatures low only when EGR valve is open on part throttle. On WOT or highway EGR is anyways closed. So on long drive EGR hardly opens. So there is no question of engine getting hot.
    1 person likes this.
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: A remap that can change your life, Wolfmoto Switchable Remaps

Who owns that 2322 90HP now?
    1 person likes this.
  10. Italia-Linea

Pune
    How to stock map works is based upon is TP, MAF, MAP and Lambda. With every combination there is certain rules in the air fuel maps. Every tuner just loops in these based on Throttle position.
    So say if on factory map at 30% throttle position X amount of fuel and other parameters are supplied the same is done at lower throttle postion in the remapped version.

But the final limit remains untouched. So the car reaches the final limit quickly without breaching the safety limits.
    2 people like this.