1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Review - Wolfmoto Switchable Remaps: A remap that can change your life

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by Italia-Linea, Oct 16, 2013.

1. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Even I would be interested
  2. mnjnth

mnjnth Timido

Bangalore
    Just checked with Adarsh few days back....Rajiv is still out of country. They are planning to visit Bangalore in November. You can also drop a mail To Wolfmoto and they will keep you informed.
  3. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Many thanks Parantap, haven't been here for a long time.

If you haven't remapped your Tjet yet, you should rightaway, it just takes it to another level!

Over the last nine months I have been enjoying the remapped Tjet and though the initial excitement has subdued, you still want an excuse to drive the car. I did a 700 kms trip to Bangalore and back and the performance was a revelation! Straight line speeds are insane and you get to break your high speeds again and again. Performance is strong in the sense, that the car eats up the road so fast and you are at the bumper of the cars in front of you in the blink of an eye that you need to brake to slow down!
    nkrishnap, Pradeepms and SVN like this.
  4. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    What is the kmpl u r getting after and before remap?
  5. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thats great @5u3zEr0 :) I always thought that the T-JET is already a beast in its stock form, but 'ýeh dil maange more' :D. Getting a power upgrade on it would be like a cherry on the cake. Congrats. BTW how much boost did you get in BHP and NM terms?
    5u3zEr0 likes this.
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @5u3zEr0

Although I would have liked to congratulate you the T-Jet remapping, I will hold myself back. Coz you have turned a monster into a Frankenstein. The Jet was already extra powered, you went ahead and tweaked it more. So much power in the Jet will be difficult to handle in times of emergency. Yes agreed, it will eat miles on open stretches but in city roads whats the use of so much power on hand.

Now I don't want to sound discouraging here but the turbo of the Jet is at stake here. There have been cases/incidents of turbo blowing off in normal jet. In your case I would be doubly safe when handling the Jet now.
    5u3zEr0 likes this.
  7. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    @ghodlur : I don't think I will be worrying about my turbo :p when I am giving it the stick and if it does go kaput, I guess it will have to be replaced. The fact is that Frankenstien is making me grin so wide while driving it, that people around me think I am out of my mind.

Thanks for the input though.

@Turbothinghy : Thanks and yes when is power enough! I have no idea about the gain but I can feel it is substantial. The Wolf guys were talking about 140 to 145bhp so that's about a 25% increase on their top remap.

@Pradeepms : I guess it is the same or a little more, not something to think about with a fast car.
    Pradeepms and Turbothinghy like this.
  8. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @5u3zEr0 yes u r right.. But out of curios i asked abt the kmpl..... Anyway enjoy......
  9. shanvimal

shanvimal Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @5u3zEr0 How much it costed you to do this? Are you switching it back to original one when you go to Service Centers? Like Pradeep, I am interested in FE too..
  10. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    The service center technicians if they want to, they can find out that if the car has been remapped but that is a very small chance. They can only check for that if they are suspicious about the car.

I left my car two times, once was for the full service and they could not find out. Obviously I had switched it to the stock map before sending her in.

And let me add that, my car was just one and half years old and had done about 23000 kms when I got it remapped, so very much in the warranty period.

@shanvimal : It costed me Rs.25000 and the FE like I mentioned earlier, is the same maybe a little better.
    GaganTakker and Pradeepms like this.