1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Review - Wolfmoto Switchable Remaps: A remap that can change your life

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by Italia-Linea, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @punto_emotion : does wolfmoto charge extra each time you update the map ? or its part of one time pay?
  2. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    One time cost. Lifetime Support
    prabhjot, Deepak and punto_emotion like this.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr

Two things, one OT and the other right OnT.

The mjd IS highly mappable, as you guys have proven to me at least, i suspect the VW 1.5 tdi is too. That tells you about the tolerances of the componentry and plumbing and the overall engineering design: Euro standards. There is NO evidence the same can be said of the Hyundai diesel.

the OT bit: the mjd smokes the Hyundai in-gear from 30 to 80 and from 40 to 100 km/h in-gear by as many as 4 seconds! (in the standard tunes on the Avventura and the i20Active, AutoBild test drive stats). And with these shiftable maps....perfect!

Small turbodiesels are really about in-gear acceleration with few gear shifts, right?, and hardly topspeed, for which a petrol (NA or even turbo-ed) is perhaps better suited-to-be-judged. No?

PS: 140-160 kph on nh4 is like being on the 'highway to death', yours and others!:eek: Good thing your usual cruising speed is more like a 120 kph.:D
    Last edited: May 14, 2015
  4. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    i have one more query :)
    Do we still need to Clean EGR on regular basis post remap ? is it really needed as EGR is disabled.
  5. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If your car is new and in warranty, will need to do it at every 30k km to retain warranty. Is it needed? Not really inside but outside the EGR Valve
    Deepak and prabhjot like this.
  6. baba97k

baba97k Timido

Kanpur
    Need advice
    I had Linea TJet bought in Nov 13 (Excellent Car). However, met with an accident and the car took all the brunt without even a scratch on me. Hats off to the build quality.
    However, now I am looking for a new car in diesel because petrol costs a bit too much on the pocket on long runs. I have tried Fiat MJD 3-4 times but non matter what, can't come to like it as it is way too under powered especially coming from TJET. Also tried Vento and Rapid and even though they are good, but there's some or the other compromise when I compare my Linea. So for me its a no go in the present and I don't think i want to wait till eternity for Fiat to launch 1.6 MJD.
    Could someone shed some light on the impact of remapping on MJD on warranty of brand new car (not interested in Used buy) and if it is advisable.
    I also spoke to guys from UDmotorX in Delhi. They claim that their remaps are non-detectable. I would like to take that with a pinch of salt. Would like comments on the claims.
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @baba97k. Doubt if anyone can claim that their map is not-detectable. However, its not completely wrong. The Fiat Service Center do have the training, knowledge, equipment to detect a different map on the ECU than the OEM maps.

Technically warranty is void if remapping is done. However, how is FASS going to detech it ? With the new 3 + 2 years warranty, you will need to wait for 5 years before you can think of remapping , if you are too concerned. Even if no remapping would atleast get the EGR closed ASAP.
    Last edited: May 18, 2015
  8. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @baba97k : it's advisable to run minimum of 5K before you remap the car. you would always note the lag in all diesels while shifting from petrol. however i strongly disagree that Punto MJD is under powered. Its just that punto's boiling point is set high :) you just need to be in right turbo zone.
    Pradeepms and prabhjot like this.
  9. Navin

Navin Timido

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I am from pune & and I am planning to get remap done on my punto 90 hp. Is there anyone up for remap from pune or even Mumbai for that matter.
  10. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    In mumbai there is Pete's. In Pune you can go to viezu.