1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Review - Wolfmoto Switchable Remaps: A remap that can change your life

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by Italia-Linea, Oct 16, 2013.

1. vijai

vijai Novizio

coimbatore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I would suggest to continue in map 4 for some 15 - 20 kms to feel the difference. Rajiv said it takes some run in period for the car to get use to the mapped parameters.
  2. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Unable to relate to as to why would remap result in variance in actual vs whats shown on MID. If there would be any difference ( MID vs actual) shouldnt it still be the same in stock vs remap. Does remap has any effect on how the ECU calculates the mileage, if so then tuner could put in codes to tweak the mileage on MID drastically also ?
    5u3zEr0 likes this.
  3. neoonwheels

neoonwheels Amatore

Pune
    I am using Map 2 now since last 7 days. The car has become peppier as compared to Stock. I liked the low end torque this Map2 has and it suits the way I drive in the city. FE is more or less same as of the stock map. The other day I drove my friend's stock 75 BHP (Mine is 75 as well) Punto and thats when I felt his car is so sluggish that I felt like handbrake is applied a bit continuously. He is so impressed the way my car has become responsive that he has already made up his mid for a remap.
    5u3zEr0 likes this.
  4. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    I dont think this post has got the attention it deserves. .

Guys we probably have the first remapped TJet in the forums !!!!!!!

Congratulations 5u3zEr0 please post s detailed experience soon :)
    5u3zEr0 likes this.
  5. vishnuramachandran

vishnuramachandran Novizio

Calicut
    Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Done the remaps yesterday.I felt that i am driving a new car altogether.;)
  6. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Tested the Map 1 and 2 last week, but was not happy as the acceleration was not as smooth as in Map 3 and the engine noise was almost as in stock. But another tangent to it could be that had filled Diesel from BP fuel pump on recommendation of a friend stating it is a company owned pump. I usually fill from IO. Did tank full from IO yesterday night, shall try MAP 1 and 2 again and report. Till then Map 3 is the choice. Also no effect on mileage on any of the maps till date
  7. neoonwheels

neoonwheels Amatore

Pune
    Since this thread has almost everything about the Wolfmoto remap, I would ask a query here. When I was accelerating hard in Map3 in ghat, one of my friends who was riding behind me told me that the car was smoking more as compared to stock. Have you guys faced similar thing?
  8. Sailer_Punter

Sailer_Punter Amatore

Bangalore
    Even I have seen this and this is under hard acceleration, more evident in map 4. Normally I observe this when I go beyond 3000 RPM's and after that even if the RPM is reduced, this smoke continues for some time. I thought this was due to the rich mixture due to remap, not sure of the exact reason.

Wanted to get this checked with Wolfmoto folks when they were in Bangalore last time but did not get time to meet them.
  9. neoonwheels

neoonwheels Amatore

Pune
    Exactly, I was in Map3 when my friend noticed this. I was kind of doing 3000 RPM in the ghats and was really enjoying the spirited run :). I am also planning to get the Intake Manifold cleaned since its 55K KM on the odo.

I sent a message a WhatsApp message to Adarsh and he mentioned that it might smoke in Map3 and Map4 on hard acceleration. He said the next time Rajiv is in town (Pune), he would look into it.
  10. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yesterday we had a small meet of Punto owners in NCR and of the 5 cars 3 are remapped by Wolf. We did observe Smoke while accelerating, however it was not continous as you have observed.

We did have some spirited driving and after all the smoke, felt the care running smoother today