1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Review - Wolfmoto Switchable Remaps: A remap that can change your life

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by Italia-Linea, Oct 16, 2013.

1. neoonwheels

neoonwheels Amatore

Pune
    Got a FE of 22.5 kmpl for this 120 km stretch. Suprised since at this speed, earlier I used to get around 18-19 kmpl. May be Another 3-4 tankfuls would give me a clear picture.
    Iyu, PradeepM and kunwar.g like this.
  2. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Iam glued here buddy, please keep us updated on FE and performance as and when you gain more kilometers on the odo.

Thank you in advance .
  3. vishnuramachandran

vishnuramachandran Novizio

Calicut
    Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.3
    What is the impact of the remaps over a speed range from 0-100?Does it has a significant impact over drivabillity over this speed range?
  4. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    @PradeepM : I finally "Made the Move" again and got the car remapped on 28th February :cool:! Got something done which I have been wanting to do for quite some to one of my cars.

Initial excitement lasts a few days after you do something like this, so I did not bother taking that feedback from my car. But now after a few weeks, I LIKE the map Four the best. Drove a few days on map one which I felt is not much different than stock and could not continue on it, knowing that there is more power available and switched to map four. It makes the engine a different thing altogether!
    Iyu, Parantap Chatterjee and PradeepM like this.
  5. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Cool, enjoy controlling the beast now . Remap is on my cards as well, however my car is still an infant and so I will wait for it to get more seasoned before I take the next step. Drive safe.
  6. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    After remap, usually there will be a variance btw actual mileage and the one displayed by MID. Actual mileage would be lesser by @1-1.5 kmpl. You can check using tankful method few times.
    PradeepM likes this.
  7. vijai

vijai Novizio

coimbatore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Completely agree. I drove in Map 1, 2 & 3 - very few kilometers ( even Rajiv mentioned that Map 3 will suit my driving style), but I sticked to Map 4 and absolutely in love with it. Engine noice is greatly reduced, felt smoother and responsive. mine is 75 HP machine. I never pushed the car beyond 3000 rpm so far with Map 4.
    5u3zEr0 likes this.
  8. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    @vijai : Yup on map four engine noise is reduced, engine feels smoother and very eager. Like a thoroughbred horse restrained by a leash, just a mere tap on the accelerator and it responds instantly. Map four makes the car feel lighter than it is.

I drove my Tjet yesteday after a couple of days of driving our other cars, and before starting the engine I just changed the map to stock just for the heck of it and surprise, surprise. The car felt very responsive and quick and now I don't understand this behaviour in stock mode. So I continued driving in stock mode today and intend to for the next few days and then will go to map four again and feel the difference. THIS IS FUN!
    PradeepM likes this.
  9. vijai

vijai Novizio

coimbatore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I felt the same too, but the reason could be that ECU continue to use the same parameters of Map 4 for a while. I think it happens either way, if you are in stock --> you switch to Map 4 , it takes a while for the car to change from stock to Map 4 and you change back to Stock, it takes sometime to change from Map to stock.
    PradeepM likes this.
  10. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Seems I will have to test the Map 4 again. On Day of remapping Map 4 had more engine noise than Map 3. Sicne yesterday have moved to Map 1 and it has reduced noise and better low end torque than on Map 3. To avoid confusion again tested today and indeed it was Map 1. This is on a 75bhp Punto 2014.
    PradeepM likes this.