1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Review - Wolfmoto Switchable Remaps: A remap that can change your life

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by Italia-Linea, Oct 16, 2013.

1. avnsiva

avnsiva Amatore

Chennai
    Had updated my maps during last weekend when Rajiv was here in Chennai. Now the low end torque has improved considerably. But the sudden bump in the boost around 2000 rpm is missing. Its more linear now.

After remapping, tried Rajiv's Polo GT. It accelerates so much that the wheels spin (its a fairly new tyres which ran about 10k).
    The turbo kicks in as low as 1400 rpm. The gearshift is light and fast. But the steering is lifeless and Rajiv said that its handling is bad at high speeds.

After driving Polo, I returned with a wish to get that engine in Linea.
  2. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Overall, I hated the idea of pull over, stopping the car , switching it off, taking key in to MAR mode, tapping the pedal, and you are not sure, in which map you are in. By this time, car could have traveled few kms.
    Anyways, TFIans have advised me against remap during early stages of ownership (warranty issue) , I wish some new updates come in for selection of maps in a running car by then.

Any updates, on switch in tacho?
  3. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Erode
    ERODE
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Well, Tornado that was a wise decision. Infact I also spoke to Wolfmoto after learning about maps, but since mine is just 6 months old linea I decided against mapping.
    That's way as I had mentioned in 'linea old vs new ' thread the money saved can be utilised to get a used 75/90 bhp punto and we can let our passion run wild....
  4. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello There,

I spoke to these guys and they have assured me that they have tuned cars with mileage as low as 3000 km on the odo. I appreciate their honesty when they said " you can get your car tuned but we advice you to run the vehicle in stock mode upto 5000km".
    After reading all these 32 pages in one go , I feel its a good option to opt for.
    N Kiran likes this.
  5. neoonwheels

neoonwheels Amatore

Pune
    Went through the whole thread! I guess I need to keep aside 20K ASAP for my Punto 76bhp run 53K :)
  6. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    I have decided to remap my car the next time they are in Madras which should be soon as I spoke to Aadarsh a few days back. Now can't wait!

My car is now eighteen months old and close to 22,000 kms on the odometer.
    PradeepM likes this.
  7. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Go for it and transform your car to a more drivable & unleash the beast within with map 4 occasionally or if you love zipping across you can stick to the performance maps always .
    Please keep us updated.
    5u3zEr0 likes this.
  8. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Got my car (9011km) remapped today by Rajiv after bombarding them with questions and concerns for last 2 days. They were very honest and open about what are the benefits and consequences. Clearly called out that they dont claim any efficiency & vibration improvement. After reamp today late afternoon have not been able to do lot of driving and currently in office. But as they said that the real benefit of this will be felt in traffic. And they were right. The remap has just transformed this sedate driver to something else in just a few kms. Not sure what will it lead to in the coming day. But I am currently just proudly flaunting " First car in Gurgaon to be Wolfe'd" :)
    Iyu, Mabams1826 and PradeepM like this.
  9. neoonwheels

neoonwheels Amatore

Pune
    Remapped my Punto this weekend. WolfMoto team was in Pune and I opted for the multiple maps. Today did a quick dash to Lonavala (Round trip of 120 KMs) and the car feels quick!!! I used Map 3 throughout and loved the eagerness of the car from 90-140. Touched 160 3-4 times but looks like the Map fades away post 140. May 4 is now on my list for highway testing. Overall, I am loving my car all over again :)
    kunwar.g likes this.
  10. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3